Quantcast
1178 rocks - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1178 rocks
Old 11th June 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
1178 rocks

I finally got my high quality cabling delivered last week so am now able to use my 1178 which has been sitting tragically redundant for several weeks. I am absolutely loving what it does accross any stereo source, but particularly across the drum submix. Its dirty, punchy and yet clean and it seems to brighten things up in a really pleasant way.

Its also great to run stuff through without any compression just to bring some life to lifeless audio, sort of pre i suppose.

What a great piece of kit; just need a fatso for the master outs now.......

BTW what do you slutz use your 1178's on?

DG
Old 11th June 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
If the overheads are a little boring or I want to make them a little more "rockin," so to speak, I'm all about the 1178 on them. It really does something great and lively to them. Usually, I'm either putting a fatso on my OH's to fatten them up or the 1178. Honestly, it's kinda like comparing apples to oranges, they both sound great.
Old 11th June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
OH here too, sometimes vocals. I have an old 1176 but the 1178 is better on certain vocals.
Old 12th June 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Rocks on bass! I am going to try on over heads, or drum sub, I reckon that would be awesome.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I have a silver 1178 as well as 2 blackface 1176's... try plugging stuff direct into the inputs like bass or gtr... ! ... drum submix, kik, ac gtrs, bass... also fare nice there as well....

I'm more partial to the black LA4's for vox but the 1176/8 does not exactly suck for that either...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dach
try plugging stuff direct into the inputs like bass or gtr... .
Or microphones for that matter- 1178s have tons of gain.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Try it on some bright mic or clean mic you will get the interesting sound. For Bass? No need to say anymore.......
πŸ“ Reply