Quantcast
Broadband trapping/absorption products readily available in the UK? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Broadband trapping/absorption products readily available in the UK?
Old 6th June 2006
Broadband trapping/absorption products readily available in the UK?

At my dayjob we are looking for some broadband trapping & absorption.

My preference is for Realtraps for the mounting options & aesthetic reasons but we are kind of reluctant to spring for the carraige to the UK.

I'm getting a quote from Golden Age Acoustics but amn't all that keen on the look of their products & there is very little info available on the mounting arrangements for their stuff.

I've (temporarily?) ruled out the RPG stuff as most of their stuff, although I'm sure it's all very high quality, seems to be tuned absorption & no-one here is an acoustician.

As I said this is my 9 to 5 & I am most definitely not going down the DIY road (although would be happy to if it were my own project) & I desparately want to avoid the foam in the corners approach.

I'm just wondering if there are any products out there that I have missed? Any suggestions gratefully recieved...
Old 6th June 2006
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Neil,

> My preference is for Realtraps for the mounting options & aesthetic reasons but we are kind of reluctant to spring for the carraige to the UK. <

I understand, but I will point out that shipping is not as bad as you might think. Especially if you get enough of them. Another possibility is to get together with a few friends and do a "group buy." Not only does this bring the shipping down, but I can also also offer a better quantity discount. Just a thought, not trying to twist your arm! heh

--Ethan
Old 6th June 2006 | Show parent
Hi Ethan,

thanks for the reply. The Studio is an oddly shaped room that already has a considerable amount of installed absorption (6 8' x 4' fiberglass panels then an air space then hessian covered plasterboard). This stuff is all installed & has been since the 70's. It predates all of us who now work there. We have no way of checking the thickness of the fiberglass or whether there is an airgap behind it although I suspect there isn't.

We feel that the current trapping is very effective but that there is still some uneveness in the rooms response, specifically at the top (>6kHz) and the bottom (<500Hz) of the spectrum. We want to augment the existing treatment in the most meaningful way possible.

I should probably take a look at your product range & email you tomorrow for a quote.
Old 6th June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
When i can finally move house, i've decided to just make some man. I searched, and found NO viable alternative, it's just ridiculously expensive for what it is, when carriage is included - no offense ethan.

Cheers.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…