Quantcast
D'Angelo Voodoo Vocals - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
D'Angelo Voodoo Vocals
Old 31st May 2006
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
D'Angelo Voodoo Vocals

A friend of mine just asked me this, and I didn't know, so I figured I'd ask here.

Are the massive quantities of background vocals on Voodoo all overdubs, or did they use harmonizers/processing? Anyone know?
Old 31st May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
He's one B.M.F.

Anyone know how he's doing?
Old 1st June 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I love those vox! The best there is!
Gear Nut

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
yeah. what's he doing these days? last i heard there was trouble with the law. i love that guy!

🎧 15 years
He's been in trouble with the law since his last album for various things including drugs..

I think he even totalled his car in a drunk driving accident.

🎧 15 years
This what he looked like last year:
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Nothing a month in rehab and a personal trainer can't take care of. I wish him well and hope he makes a comback. That dude can sing for sure.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzleboy
Nothing a month in rehab and a personal trainer can't take care of. I wish him well and hope he makes a comback.
And a barber... I wish him well, too. The world could use another D'Angelo album. And no Lil Jon appearances... just D'Angelo and the Roots.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I read a post somewhere on the inter-not from ?uestlove, saying something to the effect that the next album was progressing and evolving slowly, and stylistically its way out there so take your "expectation hat" off, cos it won't even be close to what you might think!

actually, here's the link !
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
thats article was from 2004. Dont know what the score is now. when quest stood in for gilles peterson on bbc radio he didnt sound too please with d'angelo perfectionist attitude and the fact they had already thrown out stupid amounts of material from sessions since voodoo. who knows whats gonna happen but d's taking the time left between album releases to the extreme! Im sure it will be worth it when it drops in 2010.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…