Quantcast
Doing vocals online - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Doing vocals online
Old 31st May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Doing vocals online

Anyone know of people who do session work online . I know of a great vocalist who is available for sessions and lives in an out of the way place . What gear would she need to offer her services online ( say singing on someone demo ) . I always find it hard to get a good vocalist when I am working and wondered if there are people who you can send online your track and have them send it back with vocal for a fee . Any links to people doing this ... I see a lot of voice over people but do not run across vocalist . Thanks
Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Do you want them to write the lyrics and melody? Or do you mean you have already written the song, and have a demo they can hear and learn? Or do you write out a score, and require a singer who can read music?

Whoever owns the lyrics and melody owns the royalty rights - this sounds a bit like a 'cart before the horse' situation. But if you can sort out the copyright issues, there are plenty of session vocalists around. Any studio making jingles could do it for you. I don't see distance being a problem if you can share files via email or use a web host of some sort.

Unless you live on a very small island, try putting an ad in music shop, or ring up a vocal coach or school - must be zillions of wannabe popstars out there. You would need to invest in a basic recording chain, but i'm sure it would be more rewarding.
Old 31st May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Good vocalist with a mic and an Mbox seems could lay down a good vocal for someone if they sent them the lyrics with a scratch on it and get back the track with a vocal that could help sell the song . Met a great singer and she lives in a city with little or no work if she was in LA would be doing a lot . Seems that with a little set up at home and taking jobs on the net a good vocalist like her could get a lot of work this way . Again if there are any links to people doing this let me know , would love to help her get work .
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Major studios can work this way, near realtime across the clope with limited resolution and then edit the tracs once downloaded. But the juridics have to be in order before booking or even trying to.
Matti
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
So all she needs to do is advertise, right?

Get her to find a good music industry lawyer first, and draw up a contract she can get collaborators to sign. Otherwise she could write a #1 for somebody and get nothing for it.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
For many writing songs across the country who do not have access to a good session singer and good session singers who do not have access to good gigs ( living in places other than major music spots ) seems like a good way to work .
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Voice-over talents usually have this service, much simpler than with music
but anyway. There are services that provide your studio with near realtime sessions with other studios joining the same service with similiar capabilities
I think Digidesign can help you here for example. It won`t be cheap but cheaper than flying the guitarist from Hawaii to Italy for the one track etc.
Matti
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I'm willing to work this way if I can acces great talent. I do it all the time. I wish a lot more were willing to do this. I send a guide track & an instrumental mp3. I'll give as clear direction as I can, but it's certainly more cumbersome than having them the other side of the glass. Quite often I have to ask for a few more passes at something, once I here the result. Everything is written in advance, so there really is no collaboration. Anyone else work this way? I'm always looking for great vocalists.
Mark Miller
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…