your respected opinions please - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
your respected opinions please
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
your respected opinions please

hi all

i am not sure where to post these questions so please feel free to put them were they should be.

i am looking to upgrade my mediocre set up and this is my idea. as it stands i have a 002r and am using my O1V with adat card and i generaly use the pres in the O1V and in a tascam desk that i have. now the thing is that i would like to rid myself of the O1V and get another unit that would give my eight in and eight outs with the adat but also be a firewire unit as i am looking to maybe changing to Nuendo so that i am not restricted by the 16 outs provided by protools LE. now the thing is that i have about $2-3000AUS to spend. i understand that this will not get me something that is super slutty but that is ok i just want something better than my O1V. i am getting new pres so that is not a problem. also i wish to be able to mix out of the box if i wish, this maybe only from 16 out to start but i hope to expand that.

am i going about this all wrong or what, some pointers and ideas would be very helpful please.

also i have a revox b77 and it has unbalanced inputs and output. is this a problem and should i get them changed to balanced ins and outs so that i can use it to mix down to two track or is the machine not worth it. also if it is worth it how do i go about getting it ready to use, is there anything special that i have to do to get it working in optimal condition. the unit i have is nearly brand new as in not been used for about 5 hours in its whole life

thanx in advance for all the help

cheers ramjetthumbsup
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
bump anyone

cheers ramjet
📝 Reply