Quantcast
Roth predicts Van Halen comeback - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roth predicts Van Halen comeback
Old 30th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Yup... and Michael Anthony is busy with Sammy Hagar on the "other half" tour. Knowing that Eddie has never really been that fond of Michael anyway... we might never see him back in the VH lineup again either....
500 series nutjob

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmmrboy
WOW..!!
wow !
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral
That's what happens when you live that kind of lifestyle and treat your body like sh!t. I'm 32 and I look like I'm 23, because I don't smoke, rarely drink, don't do drugs, try to get as much sleep as I can and generally organize my life to be as stress-free as possible. Hence no wrinkles or any of the signs of aging.
Oky **** there young whipper snapper....please post on this topic again in 15 years.....Christ 32 I'd hope you dont have any of those "signs"......
Lives for gear

It's true! I got the news from a reliable source. It won't be for another 6 months. They are finally gonna work things out.

V
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Knee Mal
Oky **** there young whipper snapper....please post on this topic again in 15 years.....Christ 32 I'd hope you dont have any of those "signs"......

Yeah, I used to fool the age guesser at the carnival in my late 30's. Now in my mid 40's I'm not so sure anymore.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
We should also keep in mind that Eddie has had some serious medical issues and he may not be up for this.
Ya, I thought he was battling cancer (or..)?? Can't remember for sure but I thought so. Besides, who cares what they look like as long as they perform and most importantly as long as they are doing what THEY want to be doing.
Lowdbrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticglobe
Yup... and Michael Anthony is busy with Sammy Hagar on the "other half" tour. Knowing that Eddie has never really been that fond of Michael anyway... we might never see him back in the VH lineup again either....
I predict Eddie, Alex, Diamond Dave and Billy Sheehan will hit the streets.
500 series nutjob

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great
We should also keep in mind that Eddie has had some serious medical issues and he may not be up for this.
did not hear that.
that would explain the looks, ( not that i care ) looks really do not matter.
what is his his heath problems?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey guys.

Thought I'd mention this funny little story.

I got a phone call last year from a rockstar friend of mine. He was inviting me to a Metallica show in Anaheim, CA at the last minute. Lars had called and said they were in town.

So anyway...we go to the show and its got the usual celebrity guest list. After grabin a drink or two, we make it out to the floor to check out the show. So we're in the VIP section having a good time and after a few songs into the set I see Jerry Cantrell, who had been amongst the crowd all night, returning from backstage. It looked as if a fan from the crowd had spotted him and was talking with him. After a closer look, it was no other than Eddie VanHalen himself with his kid.

The reason I post this is to express that you could not even measure the amount of excitement in the room at that point. Everyone in the VIP section was in absolute awe. And, believe me, it was full of rockstars, etc of all kinds. It was quite hilarious actually. While many of the crowd in the regular seats were all looking to the VIP seats to see who was attending, the entire VIP section was looking at Eddie. It was a funny experience.

Once backstage, I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Kirk Hammet for quite a while. He had asked me if it were true that Eddie was there and was wondering where he had gone. He also commented that he was glad that he wasnt aware that Eddie was gonna show up before the show. He said he would have froze up.

Take it for whatcha want, but the man's presence trumped everyone's in the building.
500 series nutjob

🎧 15 years
Eddie VanHalen is most definitely talented and has my utmost respect.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
Diamond Dave is cool with me.

I think he showed that being a rock and roll singer can be all about delivery.

He was the archetype for scads of bad singers who followed.
Dave is cool with me too.
When I questioned his "singing", I wasn't doubting his being a front man. He was the man!

At the time, & for years I thought that stuff was great. And the way I remember it.. It was!!

That being said, not too long ago I was watching a video of a VH show, (from around 84) and I'm thinking, "here we go, this is gonna be fukkin awesome!" I was waiting for the band to come out rippin, and Dave to tear it up.. The way it unfolded and looked to me these days was, the band was kickin, and Dave came out with a sword, w/ bandanas streaming all over, while he did calisthenics... He was like the aerobics instructor at the gym..
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60
did not hear that.
that would explain the looks, ( not that i care ) looks really do not matter.
what is his his heath problems?
Here's a quick blurb and a link that explains it a bit.

http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/..._van_halen.htm

The second health concern that hit Eddie was a diagnosis of cancer "symptoms" in his mouth, also thought to be a result of his heavy drinking and smoking. Eddie has had a long habit of smoking cigarettes throughout his adult life. The official statement from the M.D. Anderson Cancer in Houston, Texas reads, "He does not have cancer. After visiting with M.D. Anderson doctors, he is planning to begin an outpatient clinical trial to prevent cancer ... He did not have an operation at M.D. Anderson." That statement was actually, inaccurate. The Center said, "He will begin an outpatient clinical trial to prevent cancer. In the clinical trial, Eddie will be able to come and go, and won't be admitted to the hospital. A clinical trial means that whatever treatment he is receiving, it is a protocol under study; not a standard treatment." Although not much information is being released, it is thought that Eddie has tongue cancer. Eddie released a statement saying, "Although it's hard to say when, there's a good chance I will be cancer-free in the near future." Now having essentially admitted that he has cancer, Eddie no doubt will find that his reasons for wishing to keep it private from his many fans were unnecessary. He has a wide following of loyal fans who are genuinely concerned about his situation, and will undoubtedly be extremely supportive of his efforts to overcome cancer.
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I would like to see it happen but I am not counting on it. Didn't I read some place lately that Dave did a Bluegrass album called strumming with the devil? I think he sat in on a few acoustic covers of van halen songs.

Jason
Old 31st May 2006 | Show parent
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
Let's not forget Dave sounded pretty good 20 years before auto-tune. Nowadays you not only just kind of "get close" in pitch but the delivery has none of the ballz that DLR delivered over the ballziest music of its time. He wasn't whining about his girlfriend's boyfriend being too stoned to play Nintendo or some ****...he was singing about getting laid and getting ****ed up and driving fast.

The way the rock Gods intended.

War
Old 31st May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Knee Mal
Yep...32, I was still kicking ass and taking names. I hit 35 and the little aches and pains came on the scene. I'm 37 now and starting to get gray and I just got my first facial crease between my eyebrows. It has nothing to do with drinking or drugging and everything to do with genes, time, gravity and photons, at least for me.
πŸ“ Reply