Quantcast
Peluso 2247LE - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Peluso 2247LE
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Peluso 2247LE

anyone have any audio clips i could hear of this mic?
i'm looking to get one with in a month to replace a K2
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I would also look into other choices...
Old 26th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have one and dig it....check out my sites for some expamples. I will have to look into it, but the majority of the vocals from that time period were done with the 47LE....now it shares duty with the 251.
Old 26th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

We have an audio track posted on our site under the Peluso Microphones section that has a detailed description of how it was recorded. We only used Peluso microphones and no eq or compression. It's as close to a raw source as we could possibly give and like I said, the entire signal path is detailed in writing.

http://www.audiolot.com/proaudio/sales/peluso - scroll to the bottom of that page

Hope that helps!
Old 27th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
pigpen and josh thanks for a links
Bat hat, i've looked into quite a few other mics. vocally i've used the k2 on about 12 different and only found that 2 didn't sound to good with it. other studios i engineer at use 251's and c800G's... most ppl think i have one but its usually a K2 or a blueberry.
i want a mic with a better tone and something that i don't have to eq as much to get the sound i'm after. i looked at the 4060 but its wasn't good enough to make me put the k2 on the back burner. the m147 didn't perform the way i wanted it to for the price.
i can spend $4000 on a mic but don't really want to, i want the best vocal mic(not hiphop mic, not rock mic etc) best overall vocal mic i can get at 2 stacks.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I can only say that when I got the 22 47 (short body) and the 22 251, I couldn't sell my U195 and K2 fast enough.

The 22 47 and 22 251 compliment each other really well and between the two of them I think you get a whole lot of coverage. So, if you've got 4K to spend, get them both and put the extra 1K away for your next purchase.
Lives for gear

I would like to point out that usually I recommend the 22 251 over the 22 47LE for vocal work if you are in the pop/rock/alternative styles for both male and female vocals. The 22 47LE is a great vocal mic if you are looking to record big heavy vocals, R&B, and breathy jazz (or voiceovers). This is of course just my own personal opinion but I've had very good results using the mics in this manner.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Here's another way to look at it. The 22 47 LE is a great mic, if you're looking to showcase a vocal. I would use the 22 251 if you're looking to blend the vocal in a mix. The 22 47 short body is also a very good mic, but found it better for spoken word type recording.

I had these 3 mics side by side, and ended up returning the 251 and short body. If I need a 251 type mic, I can get the LE to sound like it by just adding a little hi-end EQ.

The LE is a great mic.
Old 28th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i'll be using it for quite a bit of R&B vocals and some hiphop vocals too...
i would get both mics but i wanna get the mic, a pacifica and a distressor....
so to showcase a vox the 2247 would be the mic to get...
I think i'ma get the 2247LE
Old 28th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm using the 22 47 LE with the Pacifica. Truly a winning combination.
πŸ“ Reply