Quantcast
Anyone have the new Def Leppard CD? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone have the new Def Leppard CD?
Old 25th May 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Anyone have the new Def Leppard CD?

It's called 'Yeah!' anyone have it? I am kind of disappointed. The playing is fine, but the production just isnt...Def Leppard! For lack of a better term, it just sounds stale and bland. A few years back I heard the pyromania LP for the first time (my dad's) and was like, holy ****, that sounds huge! Same thing with hysteria! But now this seems to be overcompressed and lifeless...maybe I'm just being a jerk, but I loved that huge drum sound Mutt got on earlier records..comments?
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm gonna go get it today. I heard a little bit of it on iTunes. Sounded pretty good to me. I don't think Def Leppard is going to do anything that sounds as good as Pyromania or Hysteria. It's amazing those two albums are what, 20 years old and they still hold up to stuff that's released today. AC/DC's Back In Black is the same thing. Still kicks ass after 20 years.
Old 25th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I like it -

I mixed the first radio single "Rock On" and thought it was very cool -simple and modern without trying too hard.

It's all covers of songs the band digs.

sound like the older records ?....no sound like they had a good time making it ?....yeah.

see ya - Dave
Old 25th May 2006
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin4Life
A few years back I heard the pyromania LP for the first time (my dad's) and was like, holy ****, that sounds huge! Same thing with hysteria!
Mutt Lang. Love him or hate him, but he invented their sound back then.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…