Quantcast
Any info on BIG Mics? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any info on BIG Mics?
Old 22nd May 2006
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Any info on BIG Mics?

We just got these at the studio to demo.... I havent used them but they look AMAZING!!!! Hugh looking. Anyone ever use them? I cant even find a website???
Old 23rd May 2006
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
nobody here ever heard of or used these mics? I believe handmade in Nashville..... someone has to know!
Old 11th April 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Big mics

Hey the Big mics are amazing!!! I have had the Big-ER mic for over 3 years now and it is definitely my go to mic for almost every situation on vocals. It has the whole sonic spectrum captured so you can sculpt the vocal how ever your taste may be. There are some cool trick settings on the power supply that I can't technically explain but you can hear the obvious cool changes they make. Settings vary from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock. My favorite is the 1 o'clock setting. Many big producers are using this mic now as their secret weapon that are winning many huge awards with their productions in Nashville. I have many Neumann, Peluso, akg, AT, and sure mics as well and they are great mics I have spent thousands of dollars on and will keep for the name drop clients but the Big-ER is my favorite. It was 3500.00 when I purchased it but I can honestly say it brought my production quality way up in the game. I was skeptical like anyone would be at the price but once you hear it in your mix its got you and now you are thinking how can I sell something else to round up the money. It's that big of a difference. With original u-47's and u-67's costing 7k plus the Big-ER is a great price point. I just purchased the Big-Lite pair and am looking forward to spreading them around my productions. They have a very fast transient response that really bring out the high end clarity with tube warmth. As you can tell I am very passionate about my sound quality and want to share this info to you all.
Old 11th April 2013
Deleted User
Yes, we can tell you are a passionate person regarding your sound. So just how many of the "sure" mics do you personally own? Interesting first post here....and it's in response to a 6-year-old posting.
Old 11th April 2013
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Hey that's funny Sure Shure. Got to love these new phones that suggest your words for you. This is my first post because I just joined today and felt like this is info that the community might find useful about Big mics.
Old 12th April 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
The fact is, they're sourced out of China. They're good mics...but that's a HEFTY markup.
๐Ÿ“ Reply