Quantcast
New Active Monitors. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Active Monitors.
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
New Active Monitors.

Hey folks, I'm building a new edit suite based around a digi 002. I'm looking for a new pair of active monitors. I'd love some advice on a pair under $350. Cheaper the better.

Thanks!
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Guru

Hafler went out of business , there is a company on ebay clear out the hafler stock.
There was a powered monitor called the TRM 6 which waws originally a 1200 pair of speakers, you can get them for 400 a pair from this site. The company is High Desert
Audio they have an ebay store
Old 22nd May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I would recommend the Tannoy Reveal Active monitors. They are a little bit above your price range at $500/pair USD but they are exceptionally good and accurate for the price, and you might be able to find a pair used somewhere....

Cheers,

J.D.
Old 22nd May 2006
Gon
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I just bought a set of Fostex PM-1 and paid about 370 euros for them. I'm definitely no guru, but they sound quite nice to me - they have a nice bottom end to them (of course, that may not be needed in an editing suite), and the mixes I've done so far seem to translate fairly well to a regular home stereo. Pretty good value.
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Thanks for the responses.

JD-- Do you use the Tannoys?

I like the Haffler amps quite a bit (I use a P1500 for my NS10s) so I'll check those out too.

Gracias.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
What about M-Audio BX-4? Those are powered and about $100 a pair. Can't comment on the sound of them, but they're cheap.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldswirlo
JD-- Do you use the Tannoys?
Yes I use the Tannoys on a pretty regular basis -- I have two pairs of Tannoys, the Reveal Actives that I recommended that cost $500/pair, maybe cheaper, and I also have a more expensive pair of Tannoys, the Precision 8Ds. The Tannoy Precisions are about $1500/pair if you shop around well. I like to listen to my mixes on both sets of monitors; they are both good but the Precisions have 8" woofers and are better with reproductions of lower frequencies. But I can unequivocally recommend the Reveal Actives. For the price they are the best quality and deal around IMHO.

Cheers,

J.D.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldswirlo
........I use a P1500 for my NS10s.......
I like the NS10s... why are you looking for another pair of cheap monitors if you already have NS10s? They have a pretty flat response and translate well to lots of environments (car stereo, televisions, etc)... they aren't called classics for nothing!

Just thought I'd ask..

Happy hunting,

J.D.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
lemme know, i have some ns10's up on the classified board.
Old 23rd May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I'm using NS10s in my main room. I need something in addition for my edit suite.

NS10s and an amp would probably be out of budget.

I think I'm going to bid on those haflers.

Thanks again for the posts.

Anyone try those cheap M-Audio's?
πŸ“ Reply