Quantcast
DBX 262 anyone have any words of advice - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DBX 262 anyone have any words of advice
Old 22nd May 2006
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
DBX 262 anyone have any words of advice

hey everyone im thinking about getting a DBX 262 Dual Mono Compressor on ebay for about $80 dollars you think that is a good buy or not i have about 200 to spend on a compressor ideally i would want a strip but im going the cheap route now to where i can function pretty efficently as a project studio and start saving for the big boy gear

any suggestions are open
Old 22nd May 2006
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
It has its uses, but its more known as a budget live compressor. It's definitely not in the transparent category. It may do something good once in a while but its not really a works on everything kind of box. On the other hand, it has very minimal controls so it is very easy for a newbie (to comps) to operate.

I'd save just a hair more and go for the FMR RNC or maybe the Art pro VLA. Symetrix made a few that may be in your price range on ebay.

Dan Fox
Old 22nd May 2006
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
ya i origonally was gonna get a VLA but then i started to ebay around a bit and all these and i saw so many compressors and you probably know how that goes

but in general are DBX a live sound friendly company or recording im not to familiar with them as i am just now starting to go the outboard route
๐Ÿ“ Reply