i thought this was a mic and freaked out - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
i thought this was a mic and freaked out
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i thought this was a mic and freaked out

i spend way too much time here

EDIT: by the way just so anyone doesn't think i'm taking part in viral marketing....i f**king hate starbucks...and myspace is a dumb fad. so there.
Attached Thumbnails
i thought this was a mic and freaked out-mic.jpg  
Old 20th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_who
i spend way too much time here

EDIT: by the way just so anyone doesn't think i'm taking part in viral marketing....i f**king hate starbucks...and myspace is a dumb fad. so there.
Hehe heh
Old 20th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Wow, a mic that dispenses coffee! That's like killing two birds with one stone!

Now if only there was a drum stool with a remote that would punch the drummer in the nuts...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis
Now if only there was a drum stool with a remote that would punch the drummer in the nuts...
Hey I was there with you on the cofee mic but whats with the hate on for my nuts??
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sorry sorry...how about a drum stool with a bidet, would that be better?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Sorry sorry...how about a drum stool with a bidet, would that be better?
What a good marketing campaign:

"Beat the drum, while you clean your bum!" I like it.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
yeah i saw that too....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I saw it as well, and the weird thing is that I thought it was a microphone, too.

But the weirder thing is that it doesn't look anything like a coffee maker/dispenser/whatever it's supposed to be.

Plus, their brewed coffee suks if you drink your coffee black.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Fact: Starfu*cks coffee is actualy made with Beaver sperm!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah, I think the reason Starbucks regular coffee is so nasty is because they want you to order the more expensive stuff.

When I see the stuff they crank out, it looks more like they're selling milkshakes and ice cream than coffee.

I wonder what the nutrition facts on some of those things are.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
A local coffee shop I used to go to in Sacramento would put funny stickers on their cups.

My favorite was:

Venti means "tastes like ****" in Italian.
Old 21st May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Hahaha....friggin drummers
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years

Starbucks sells image. Their urn coffee sucks and the espresso is decent, but not good. The baked goods are tasty.

The urn coffee tastes bad because they over-roast the beans. They over-roast the beans so the coffee tastes the same for a long time in the dispenser.....

They are the Beringer of coffee shops. (except they get more business because they charge a lot - funny how that works)

-tINY

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
They are the Beringer of coffee shops.

HAAAAA LOL
Old 22nd May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tINY

They are the Beringer of coffee shops.
At least Behringer are Fairtrade - I think.

And please don't tell me Starbucks is a fairtrade company when they make profits of around $800m every quarter.

fuuck Starbucks
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
BTW, I heard that the reason Starbucks went into the music retailing business was so they didn't have to pay for the music they were playing in their stores.

Could there be any truth to this? I don't really know how it works. I guess if you're using the music you have to pay ASCAP/BMI etc. but if you're a music retailer you don't, huh?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Like "driving the drummers nuts?"
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i like starbucks house blend. i enjoy the coffee.
to me it's a respectable brew.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
very sorry for the american fellows who think Star****s sells coffe.

if you wanna know what a real cafe looks and tastes like, go get to ANY Bar in France, Spain or Italy.
They serve it in nice porcelain cups, if you didn't know.
Old 23rd May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
"They serve it in nice porcelain cups, if you didn't know."

Good God, man! Porcelain cups? We're Americans.... we gave up using porcelain cups for coffee in the FIFTIEs, baby. We chug coffee from multi-quart quaffing mugs. Our fondest dream is of the day when they figure out how to deliver it to us intravenously. Drop by our place, I'll pull out the chain saw and we'll cut off a cup or two of some real joe.

M
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus13
You gotta drown it in sugar and cream to kill the bitter taste. That's from over-extracting the coffee, too much water/too many batches for the grounds.

Why do you think a single espresso Latte has so much milk? A small is a "tall"?

Why are there so many very very sweet drinks at S***B***s?
Why are there sandwiches, chocolate, cookies, CD's, engineered musical selections playing over the PA, and semi-hard chairs?

It covers the horror of the coffee itself.

Support local roasters. Stumptown in Portland makes pump coffee by hand with french press. The coffee at the bottom of the pot _may_ be as old as 15 minutes, if you are really unlucky. Still, wicked-hot and not bitter. Many interesting/exotic varietal beans at ST for $1 a hit. If you can roast coffee in a popcorn popper, it's not rocket science.

Nar, the reason the coffee tastes like **** is because the barista behind the machine is getting paid pennies by a wealthy company and simply doesn't give a ****... and that half of them are using pathetic automatic verismo machines... there is a fine line between over extracting and under extracting coffee... both which result in bitterness...

I've run some starbucks coffee through my lever machine at home and it tastes alright... not the best but certianly not the worst. Making coffee is an artform, just like cocktails... Anyone that actually knows what they are doing probably won't be seeking a job at starbucks just like a chef won't be looking for a job flipping burgers at mcdonalds...

Why do they load it with sugar? It has nothing to do with favour its all about addiction... feed someone caffeine and sugar every morning for a week and they'll start craving caffeine and sugar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
BTW, I heard that the reason Starbucks went into the music retailing business was so they didn't have to pay for the music they were playing in their stores.

Could there be any truth to this? I don't really know how it works. I guess if you're using the music you have to pay ASCAP/BMI etc. but if you're a music retailer you don't, huh?
that's exactly why they went into the music business...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTrax
"They serve it in nice porcelain cups, if you didn't know."

Good God, man! Porcelain cups? We're Americans.... we gave up using porcelain cups for coffee in the FIFTIEs, baby. We chug coffee from multi-quart quaffing mugs. Our fondest dream is of the day when they figure out how to deliver it to us intravenously. Drop by our place, I'll pull out the chain saw and we'll cut off a cup or two of some real joe.
that was my point. Coffee in paper mugs? what's next, Tee in metal cans? Wine in plastic bottles? you kill the breverage this way, my friend.

my god, and they called themselves a civilized society. Starbucks and Mcdonalds, Bocato di Cardinale.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years

We're not completely civilized, that's why we are the last super power.

There are some countries that are even less civilized - they have even better coffee.....(but they aren't allowed music)

-tINY

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tINY

They are the Beringer of coffee shops. (except they get more business because they charge a lot - funny how that works)

-tINY

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and quote this too, my favorite line possibly ever on gearslutz.

My family own a local coffee shop, so I'm blessed with really really good coffee whenever I want it. I can't stand the chain places' coffee. It's nice to know you guys have good opinions about gear and coffee... too many people taste with their ears and listen with their eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy!!
Nar, the reason the coffee tastes like **** is because the barista behind the machine is getting paid pennies by a wealthy company and simply doesn't give a ****... and that half of them are using pathetic automatic verismo machines... there is a fine line between over extracting and under extracting coffee... both which result in bitterness...
True... I heard they used to have really good technique training, but a couple of their store managers that comes here for coffee say they're all going to "push a button, make a drink" machines. They're not baristas, they're button-pushers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy!!
Making coffee is an artform, just like cocktails....
Damn straight. I make a freaking great latte.

The behringer of coffee... ha! love it.
C/G
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper

Plus, their brewed coffee suks if you drink your coffee black.
Their coffee always tastes burnt to me. I used to be a caffeine jockey back when I went to college so I have a good handle on what an espresso ect should taste like. Everytime I order a latte from there I wanna jump behind the counter and make it myself. Serving it in paper and even worse, styrofoam cups is a no no. Might as well drink that 12 year old scotch out of an empty slurpee cup. dfegad Starbucks.

Womever said that Starbucks is the Bheringer of coffee is spot on.
Lou Judson
Just have to say two of my favorite Starf**s coments -

How far are we from Seatttle? I dunno, how stale is the local starbucks?

Why are there so many coffeehouses in Seattle? Cause every former starbucks employee knows they can do it better.

Behringer of cofffee, that is rich!
Old 24th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Douwe Egbert coffee is the best I've ever had.

I went to starbucks today, and got a Blackberry Green tea frappucino. It was pretty good. I'm not a real big fan of the coffee they make in-store, but I can brew a decent pot from their ground coffee.

I don't agree with most coffee brands' brewing reccomendations. 2 tbsp of grounds per 6fl oz.? I always thought a cup is 8oz. Why do coffee pot manufacturers and coffee brands make their cups equivalent to 5oz or 6oz? I shouldn't have to do math at 6am to figure out how to make a good cup of coffee.
Lou Judson
I use one grinder full of Fench Roast beans and one Brita pitcher of water. Makes a whole pot and tastes perfect! But I never drink Starbucks, except when with a client who hails from Seattle. I live in Peet's territory!

But one grinder full and one pitcher is pretty easy to measure...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Personally, I like the stuff that drips out of the bottom of my car.
Old 25th May 2006 | Show parent
Kush Audio

🎧 15 years
there are still a few of the original starbucks on the left coast that have marzocco's, but the employees wouldn't know how to tamp 30lbs. if you held a gun to their head.

i live in the heart of greenwich village here in the capital of the world and there is one, count 'em ONE freakin' coffee bar that pulls a good shot of espresso. they just ditched the marzocco for a synesso and i gotta say it was not an improvement, the synesso is uberfinicky and in its best moments does what the marz did in its sleep.

new york is a sad, sad affair for coffee lovers. i miss vivace in seattle, that was the only place i've been to in the states that did what every corner schmoe could do in rome: pull shot after shot of liquid velvet.

americans have no idea how amazing coffee truly can be.

gregoire
del ubik
πŸ“ Reply