Quantcast
Allen & Heath GSR-24M - Page 47 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Allen & Heath GSR-24M
Old 10th May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starliner ➡️
I found a silent fan that "should" work fine in the RPS15 Power Supply for the GS24.

The specs look really good, and I talked at length with the owner of the company who decided to market these largely due to the needs of professional and home studio users.

(NOTES: I have NOT personally tried this fan, but plan to install one in my RPS15, as well as several cabinets of gear in my studio. What I have NOT measured is what voltage level the original fan needs, so if any others have checked this out, please advise, and I will update this post)

Manufacturer: ProCool
Model: Procool SX80
Size: 80 mm x 80 mm x 25 mm
Noise Level: 14 dBA
Speed: 1,600 rpm
Airflow: 32 CFM
Voltage: 12 VDC
Current Draw: 0.09 Amps / 1.08 Watts

Starliner
12v works. I used this one:
http://www.silenx.com/quiet.fans.asp?sku=efx-08-12
Old 11th May 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Allen & Heath GS-R24M - Sheet Metal

Hi Rens!

Everyone needs a vacation! Hope yours was good!

This is what I'm having problems visualizing:

"From memory however, i did have to cut back the card carrier in an extruded l shape; both a surface parallel to the bottom panel and a surface perpendicular to the bottom panel, on each side."

If you indeed open up your GS soon, please take a few pics of this mod, perhaps with some labels or arrows on the pics, to show this. Maybe this will make it crystal-clear.

Thanks again,

Starliner
Old 11th May 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtroost ➡️
Very good! Never hurts to have multiple options when doing repairs or modifications.

Parts sources may disappear at any time without warning.

Thanks,

Starliner
Old 18th June 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Hi.

I've always loved the look of these consoles and might be in a position to finally own one. I was looking at setting up a studio based around UAD Apollo & Luna.
Can anyone tell me how/if I could possibly integrate this console into an Apollo (thunderbolt)/Luna setup?
I'm very easily confused when it comes to this, so any help appreciated to provide my old brain some clarity.

Cheers
Old 2nd July 2021
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
hey guys, any solution for the Digital driver and windows 10 thing ? I contacted Allen & Heath yesterday and there response was missed up they told me there is nothing we can do
Sample rate keeps changing uncontrollably, any solution out there ?
Old 11th August 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro ➡️
hey guys, any solution for the Digital driver and windows 10 thing ? I contacted Allen & Heath yesterday and there response was missed up they told me there is nothing we can do
Sample rate keeps changing uncontrollably, any solution out there ?
Hi Jethro.

Try installing the 4.1 version driver. That fixed the sample rate rotation for me.

It created other problems for my system though so I reverted to the latest windows 10 driver.

There's no hurt in trying though.

Another solution is for you to set your DAW to force the sample rate you want. I am using Reaper and it has a couple of options that allows for this approach. You should check you DAW's device options or manual to see if you can set this up.
Old 17th August 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pane.valentin ➡️
Hi Jethro.

Try installing the 4.1 version driver. That fixed the sample rate rotation for me.

It created other problems for my system though so I reverted to the latest windows 10 driver.

There's no hurt in trying though.

Another solution is for you to set your DAW to force the sample rate you want. I am using Reaper and it has a couple of options that allows for this approach. You should check you DAW's device options or manual to see if you can set this up.
what windows 10 driver you are using ?
my DAW can't force it
I'm also using the old Allen & Heath Driver but can't use it with Bomes midi to control the DAW, and as u said it created other problems
I've contacted Allen and Heath and they said they can't do anything about it, they can create a new driver and solve this problem its that easy, thats why I order Neve 8424
Old 20th August 2021
Here for the gear

Has anyone setup a mix bus or stereo bus on the GSR with insert capability so that you can add a rack mounted bus compressor. Would like to know how you did it or even is it possible.
ARW
📝 Reply