Quantcast
I need a sub for the Adam's ANF-10... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I need a sub for the Adam's ANF-10...
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I need a sub for the Adam's ANF-10...

Any suggestions? Has anyone tried either the KRK, Tapco, Blue Sky sub's with the ANF-10's? I know Adam is release their Sub 8, but not for a couple of months.

Thanks!
Old 18th May 2006
vls
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
why not the adam sub10mk2 or the sub12 (i got one)? The sub12 is really cool!

Volker
Old 18th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It's a great suggestion, but I don't want to spend that kind of money. I currently have the S2.5-A which are excellent monitors. The ANF are powered by an Adcom 585. I need a sub just to add a few db's of low freq.
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
If i was you, i would wait for the new Sub8, its meant to be a perfect match for your speakers.

I was thinking how nice it would be to couple one pair of P11a's and Two Sub8's as a stereo full range setup. It would make a killer affordable Adam stereo setup.
vls
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
just looked @ thomann: 11 days until sub8
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vls
just looked @ thomann: 11 days until sub8

Dave said not until the end of June. Of course that could change, but I need something immediately. I hear a lot of great things about the Infinity sub. Anyone have any idea which one it is?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Just so you know I usually stay away from adding subs, while they add some bottom end I don't think it's accurate enough to mix with. When I worked in LA we put in a Genelec surround system into our A room. Bob Hodas came in and tuned the room for us. When he first started the subs were so badly placed that there was a 24 dB dip at 80 Hz. After he was done it was a lot better, but think if you mixed with a system that had a huge dip like that. To compensate you would boost the hell out of 80 Hz and end up with a product that won't transfer to any other system.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwinter
Just so you know I usually stay away from adding subs, while they add some bottom end I don't think it's accurate enough to mix with. When I worked in LA we put in a Genelec surround system into our A room. Bob Hodas came in and tuned the room for us. When he first started the subs were so badly placed that there was a 24 dB dip at 80 Hz. After he was done it was a lot better, but think if you mixed with a system that had a huge dip like that. To compensate you would boost the hell out of 80 Hz and end up with a product that won't transfer to any other system.
Zach- my room isn't 100% treated, but I do get a relatively good sound. The ANF-10 are wonderful monitors, but the do need a little help in the lower register. I think in my case, and by the way, I'm with you on the subs, I think it might be somewhat difficult to mix with, but having them on at a low volume to give the illusion that I'm covering my basis in the lower freq, that appeals to me.
Old 19th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine
Dave said not until the end of June.
That's what I believe is the case in the US, but they could show up early.

Re: Thomann - they're in Germany, so they may very well get them a bit before I do because they're much closer to ADAM Germany than I am; but, if they do, it should only be a week or so.

dB
ADAM Audio USA
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I just got to check out this REL Q-108E sub. I had heard their larger subs but wanted something smaller.

It's around $750 and would probably work well with speakers the size of the ANF-10's.

http://www.sumikoaudio.net/rel/prod_q108e.htm

Those ANF's look cool, by the way. I'd love to hear 'em.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
I just got to check out this REL Q-108E sub. I had heard their larger subs but wanted something smaller.

It's around $750 and would probably work well with speakers the size of the ANF-10's.

http://www.sumikoaudio.net/rel/prod_q108e.htm

Those ANF's look cool, by the way. I'd love to hear 'em.
I had a pair of BM5A's before purchasing the ANF. The BM5A are also very good, but I prefer a little more low end mids in my monitors. Also, the BM5A are in your face monitors, while the ANF have that reach into the monitors kind of thing.

I purchased an Adcom 585 power amp which I should be receiving tomorrow. That should be sweet.
πŸ“ Reply