shoegazer vocal effects processor? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
shoegazer vocal effects processor?
Old 20th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddeaddead
just did a quick ebay search... are the GT or the 2 the same as the PLUS? what are the inputs/outputs? 1/4? or XLR?

thanks

It's the first version of the quadraverb not the quad 2, that was trying to be a bit more hi-fi but failed badly. It's inputs and outputs are 1/4 jacks. I know that Robin Guthrie from the Cocteau Twins used the quadraverb loads.

Its strange this unit is worth f**k all but there's no way that i would part with it.

Take care

krisstoff
Old 5th September 2006 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiekixx ➡️
another winner has been the yamaha spx90
the spx90 would be period correct, but an spx990 would be even richer/deeper/cooler, in my opinion. i seem to remember reading (perhaps in the tapeop article) that kevin shields would sometimes plug his guitar straight into the spx90.

as an aside, my favorite JAMC record is 'darklands' (or maybe 'stoned and roned').
ben
Old 1st January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Wow guitaro are amazing. Thanks for bringing them up.

Almost all of their vocals aren't only overdubbed but also harmonised. So if the equipment you're trying doesn't give as full a sound as Guitaro then it could be because they nearly always have two different pitches being sung at once. I'm kind of assuming the vocal sound you're after is something like these?

Ty Segall Band - Death - YouTube

The Dandy Warhols - Be-In - YouTube (skip to about 6:00. quality is awful but you get the gist).

If so, have someone harmonise with you because equipment alone won't get the sound on Futura Black, not even harmony pedals. If you don't want to learn to sing harmonies, just sing a drone of one note (if you're in C, sing a C or whatever sounds right) next to each note of your melody and that will usually get you pretty close. The MBV vocals that sound Shoegazey but not reverby usually are harmonised.
Old 1st January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Back in the 90's b4 plugins I was doing:

Ensoniq DP2 'vocal swirl', DT100 Headphones as the mic, plugged into the instrument input.

Amazing!!
📝 Reply