Quantcast
Who's in Asheville? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who's in Asheville?
Old 17th March 2007 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Asheville is 50 miles from me, i know nothing but lesbo's in that city. I guess thats ok if they are good looking and want to share.
Old 17th March 2007 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseintheattic ➡️
Hey NC people - My family is looking at relocating. My wifre is a Creative Director for large ad agency and I'm a Technology Director for a research facility as well as a part-time AE and musician.

Is there work work folks like us in NC? and - is Asville the happening place to be. Much appreciated -- Rob
I moved from Boston to Durham about seven years ago (I have since moved on this past year). Honestly, purely for the culture, I would not leave Boston for NC again (of course cost of living is an attractive feature of NC as is weather, etc.). That's not to say there aren't things I love about NC: there certainly are. Asheville is the hippest place in NC, but it's four hours from Durham (the equivalent of Boston to NYC for perspective).

If you do tech/research, the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) is the place to be. There's lots of work there either through the universities or in the Research Triangle Park. I think there are a few ad agencies in the area as well. I don't know as much about Charlotte other than the financial industry is big there.

Anyway, if you wind up in NC, you'd best be up for a good debate about what constitutes proper Que. heh
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…