Quantcast
Should I get a dedicated external clock - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Should I get a dedicated external clock
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Should I get a dedicated external clock

My system is G5 Logic, Motu 2408, RADAR @ 48K via TDIF to Motu. I have been using the RADAR to clock the Motu and it seems to be work well but wonder if a thousand dollars on a new clock will give me a better sound. You know how we are!!

For my mixdown I use the RADAR to convert multiple tracks back to analog, Tonelux analog mix, stereo to TASCAM DV RA1000. I use the internal clock on the DV RA1000 because it isn't digitally linked to anything else.

That is it. Does my system sound so complicated that I should just bite the bullet and get and external clock to run the RADAR and the Motu 2408? Would I expect to get an improvement of the DV RA1000 with a good external clock?
Old 15th May 2006
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
rent a BigBen and try it and see... and compare!

Old 15th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy
rent a BigBen and try it and see... and compare!

I but the nearest place to rent one is about 2 thousand miles away. I live in the Interior of Alaska. Perhaps I can work out something with one off my usual retailers in the lower 48 to send me a demo.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…