Quantcast
Shure Beta 91? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shure Beta 91?
Old 14th May 2006

🎧 15 years
Shure Beta 91?

Hi everyone, on monday I'll have my first tracking session at a new studio I'm working at and this is the first time that I'll use a Beta 91 on kick (plus a Beta 52). The thing is that I was hooking everything up today and had trouble connecting the 91, the little microphone (similar to the Beta 98's) that goes in the case doesn't stay in, do you what I mean? If there's minimun movement on the 91's cable the little microphone comes out from its place. For those of you who have worked with 91's before, how do you secure the microphone to its case?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
im not sure i quite understand what is happening but ill try.
i havnt had a problem of it falling out but you need a flat surface to put the mic on and it needs to be fairly level for a good sound. some people like a hard surface for it other like a softer surface. make sure there is enough cable slack for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Shure Beta 91?-beta91-big.jpg  
Old 14th May 2006 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Sorry if I'm not making myself clear (english is not my primary language and I get a little confused with elaborated questions like this jeje) but I'll try to explain myself better.

There's a small microphone (which connects to the thin cable) that goes in the "case" (the square black thing that you put inside the kick that makes it look like a boundary PZM mic). Everything's fine except that the little microphone comes out from the "case" very easily. It's my first time using the microphone but I think that it's not suppost to do that, I would guess that there would be something to secure the little microphone in its place (as with Beta 98's which I own) but there's nothing, maybe there's a part missing or something like that jeje, sorry if I sound silly.

It's not much of a problem because if I don't stumble on cable (or pull it by mistake) everything is cool but it just seems weird that there's nothing to secure the microphone (and by microphone I mean "the microphone" and not the black "case") to the case.

Thanks for your reply!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ive never seen that, it sounds like the screws that are ment to hold the mic/capsule to the casing have come out. it should just be a matter of putting the screw back in place. mabey im mistaken again.
have you asked the owner about it?

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_techie
ive never seen that, it sounds like the screws that are ment to hold the mic/capsule to the casing have come out. it should just be a matter of putting the screw back in place. mabey im mistaken again.
have you asked the owner about it?
Yeah, I think that's it, I remember seeing a screw hole on the downside of the case jeje. Gonna look for the original screw and I hope that it's still there somewhere.

Thanks!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
This has happened to me as well.

You need to make sure the small screw that tightens against the microphone is in place and tight.

Also, it's worth noting that using the microphone without the case will provide a rounder, less punchy sound that is sometimes usable.

- Cory / BLUElight
πŸ“ Reply