ADT Outboard and mixing console - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ADT Outboard and mixing console
Old 14th May 2006
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
ADT Outboard and mixing console

Hi All
Very interested to get any feedback regarding ADT audio gear, such as the Toolkit, their cassette systems, and their consoles..(http://adt-audio.com)
Are their any users on Slutz ?
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

There's not a great deal of ADT users on this forum, but those on here that do stick their heads up every so often, rave about their ADT gear. If you're interested in the Intergrater cassettes but have a limited budget, you should consider the new Toolmod range, which has exactly the same sonic quality but with less frills - and can be racked vertically. From the information I have gathered about ADT, I believe their objective is to create a high quality, clean and transparent signal path. But I've never heard their gear, so don't take that as gospel. Click this link, cause I don't think its on their main site:

http://www.audio-net.org/ToolModProAudioGear.html
Old 14th May 2006 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
I have an ADT ToolMod on demo with the 5band EQ, the compressor, the gate and the limiter. Very nice stuff. I'm considering posting a review in a bit after I tested some other modules that Gerd is sending me soon for demo.

I used the ADT compressor and 5band EQ on the rhythm guitar here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost....9&postcount=22
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Very nice piece of track Delta!
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by funka
Very nice piece of track Delta!
Not my track, just my mix-take at it
It's simonv who deserves the props for that nice music!
Nice to hear you like the result
Old 15th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Do you have any experience on the toolmix units?
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Do you have any experience on the toolmix units?
Only tried ToolMod so far, but I might try out other products of them too in the future.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ok.
How would you rate the adt comps compared to your trakker and distressors?
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
ok.
How would you rate the adt comps compared to your trakker and distressors?
They're defenately different animals. The ADT makes an excellent allround channel compressor. It's of the cleaner kind, but can't be as transparant as the Trakker. The ADT is very flexible because of the Crest switch (peak/med/RMS) as well as the low freq envelope and knee shape.

The Trakker handles more gain reduction in an unobtrusive way, it stays my number one on vocals for sure. In that sample the lead acoustic guitar melody has Trakker on it.
Distressor can get more nasty with it's distortion characteristics.

Wouldn't mind having a console full of those ADT's, and having just a few extra outboard compressors for some specific tasks.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thank you for the feedback...So, ADTs seem a really good value for their price, 'cause they cost way less than a trakker...and we can add modules depending on the needs and money...
What about build quality of those toolmod range? Knobs?...
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thank you for the feedback...So, ADTs seem a really good value for their price, 'cause they cost way less than a trakker...and we can add modules depending on the needs and money...
What about build quality of those toolmod range? Knobs?...
It's build well, all knobs are Sifam knobs (you know, the ones that SSL also uses). The knobs on the compressor and gate module are very close to eachother tho. Gerd from ADT is experimenting with some new layout ideas based on my feedback. I will have the new layout on demo as soon as the testrun is ready.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yes, from the pics I saw, I also thought knobs were perhaps a little too close to eachother...
Cool for other design, let us know...
Lives for gear

The knobs on the 5-band eq are not so close together though, right? Looking forward to your review, but in the meantime - how does it sound in comparison to something like the Speck, which is about the same price (perhaps the Speck is a little more)?
Company Rep

🎧 15 years
The knobs on the 5band EQ are comfortably spaced yes. Can't compare to Speck, don't have a Speck EQ here. I do like this EQ tho, wouldn't mind having a console full of it
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…