Quantcast
Que Pasa - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Que Pasa
Old 13th May 2006
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Que Pasa

I live in a small/medium radio market in central texas. Very often, when channel surfing on the radio I stop and listen to one of the two Spanish language radio stations (I think they're playing Christian music by what little I understand of Spanish). The reason I stop is because I like the sound of the recordings. The acoustic guitars and vocals are especially pleasing. It's something about the tone, it seems old and familiar, and I often listen even though I have no idea what they're singing about.

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed this? Anybody here record for this market? What are you doing different from the pop and country market in terms of gear/techniques to get that great sound?

If it's just me, never mind. And if this is the wrong forum, sorry.
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
youll probalbly have to be more specific as to what style of latin music. is it texmex-country type, is it pop adult contemporary or rock in spanish. rap, regeton?

i heard some banda music or texmex styles music thats horrible but then you also have bands in south america that go to hollywood to record their albums. ocean way etc. so it varies a lot. if u are in texas maybe a lot of the recording come from monterrey mexico, from "el cielo" which is defenitly bigger better etc than anything ive seen in hollywood.

http://www.elcielorec.com/www/modules/news/

http://www.studioexpresso.com/Spotli...%20elcielo.htm

so in short, is basically the same gear , way etc. maybe its THE engineer who has his little secret recipe.
Old 14th May 2006 | Show parent
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Style: contemporary Christian, sounds to me a lot like the classic singer-songwriter/slick folk stuff you'd hear on the "Loft" on satellite radio, only in Spanish. Definitely different from a lot of the Tejano music.

Thanks, I'll check out el cielo and I'll see if maybe the stations have a play list and I could run down the credits, maybe it is an enginero magnifico. Thanks.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…