Quantcast
Rogers Snare Drum - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rogers Snare Drum
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Rogers Snare Drum

I just unearthed an older snare drum I've had sitting around.
It's a Roger's chrome snare drum.
The badge reads "Superten". The serial number is #2828.

Anyone have an idea of the year or grade of this drum?
Thanks.

Jim
Old 12th May 2006
One with big hooves

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz
I just unearthed an older snare drum I've had sitting around.
It's a Roger's chrome snare drum.
The badge reads "Superten". The serial number is #2828.

Anyone have an idea of the year or grade of this drum?
Thanks.

Jim
Maybe!

Can you get a couple three good sized pictures of it?!

Post 'em up at like 400x600 pixels so they're easy to see...

Is there a location on the badge, like city & state?
Old 12th May 2006
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I'm not a Rogers expert, but I'd say it was a 70's drum. Rogers chrome snares are not highly thought - really the only Rogers snare worth having is the Dynasonic (wood), but that's more of a collectors item than a studio drum.
That doesn't mean to say you wont get decent sounds out of the SuperTen, but there are many better sounding snare drums out there.
For value and more information check Ebay. There are always lots of Rogers chrome snare drums on there.
Old 12th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
A few shots.
It was given to me as a gift some years ago.
Old 12th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Nice Badge
Old 13th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I am quite knowledgeable about Rogers drums and the comment about the worthiness of Rogers chrome snares is just not accurate.

Rogers COB (chrome over brass) Dynasonic drums are definitely sought after, but you need to be careful about which version you buy. The early chrome models with the 'script' logo & the oval "custom made" badges ARE very sought after and are some of the best sounding snare drums ever made. Later Dynasonics with the 'Big R' logo are less sought after and go for less money.

Rogers made many more metal Dynasonics than wood ones, so the prices are much lower. You can get a nice COB Dynasonic in the $300-$350 range on Ebay. The much rarer wood models can sell in the thousands depending on the condition and the rarity of the wrap color. What makes this snare unique is the snare mechanism. On most snare drums, tightening the snares also pulls the snares tighter against the bottom head. This can raise the pitch of the bottom head, and cause the snare to "choke." The Dyna has a snare frame that allows you to tension the snare wires independently. Thus, you can have a tight snare sound, yet have a fully resonant bottom head. Other than the Dynasonic models, Rogers made other excellent snares, like the Tower and Powertone models to name just a few.

Your drum is a 70's drum and is not a real collectors drum, but they still can sound great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso
I'm not a Rogers expert, but I'd say it was a 70's drum. Rogers chrome snares are not highly thought - really the only Rogers snare worth having is the Dynasonic (wood), but that's more of a collectors item than a studio drum.
That doesn't mean to say you wont get decent sounds out of the SuperTen, but there are many better sounding snare drums out there.
For value and more information check Ebay. There are always lots of Rogers chrome snare drums on there.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…