Stress / Ansomnia and Mixing - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stress / Ansomnia and Mixing
Old 12th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Dye
uhm... 5-6 pots comes nowhere close to being a "little bit" in anyone's coffee reality. I suggest you may have a "small" problem.

Crap, that's a lot fuggin coffee.
haha i guess i wasn't clear. i drink 5-6 pots on an off day if i'm awake 16 hours. when i'm working an 8-10 hour day, i might have 1-2 pots.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue
I don't even know where to begin correcting this...

Only said for chuckles because of the apparent new age bash.... Seemed like a running joke between you and Toolskid. I was educated by Jesuits and knew the origin of the pentagram long before the DaVinci Code so I'm not calling you a Devil worshiper or anything. And even if you are, to quote Elton John Lennon, "Whatever Get's You Through The Night".

🎧 15 years
Quote:
When you are working, if you are in a control room with a dimmer on the lights- start with them bright. Avoid the 'permanight' vibe. Slowly over the course of the day (in pace with your session) dim the lights a little bit every 4 hours or so.
in all seriousness thats a cool one - ta cue

anyway....

I'm just off to make sure the flax oil is ready for my butternut squash and lentil bake..

love and cuddles

Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
do yourself a favor and kick the caffeine habit...it might help, and it is healthier anyway. also, have you ever thought about the fact that if you are sitting in a chair all day mixing, maybe your body isn't expelling energy as much as if you were walking around doing stuff and therefore it doesn't want to sleep when you try. Like others have suggested, do some exercises or ride a bike...just do something something...start workin out over breaks...mix standing up...who the **** knows. if all else fails, crank the heat in your house and have a shot of whisky.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hey Ron, you have a Mountain Bike?

Come on up to my place and do some nite rides! that always takes the edge off for me!

craig z in Carlsbad-
Old 13th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcCirDude
Only said for chuckles because of the apparent new age bash.... Seemed like a running joke between you and Toolskid. I was educated by Jesuits and knew the origin of the pentagram long before the DaVinci Code so I'm not calling you a Devil worshiper or anything. And even if you are, to quote Elton John Lennon, "Whatever Get's You Through The Night".
Yeah, TS seems to enjoy my hippie bashing rants.

As far as my avatar, it has nothing to do with Dan Brown, or 'black metal' bands that wear angry mime makeup. Start here: Rush 2112. End here: The Simpsons.thumbsup
FX smörgåsbord user

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Start here: Rush 2112. End here: The Simpsons.thumbsup
Or type "Rush 2112 Simpsons" into Google Images.

There's only two pics + e's avatar is one of them.
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
The irony.... its 6am... i cant sleep..... so i go onto gearslutz to pass the time and i bump into this thread!! I have exactly the same problem after i mix im wired and almost pumped up with adrenaline. if i have a project where tracking or mixing or whatever gets running for a week... ill be wired for a week. I only sleep about 5 hours a night, dont sleep one night a week (guess thats tonight!), and need a bit of a catch up about every 20 days or so just like one of the previous posters. Saying that, im a little better lately. i just try look at it logically. some people need or generally get by on less sleep. i try not to drink coffee or coke or any caffeine after about 6 in the evening and if i do i try to take decaff. it tastes like ****e but its better than winding myself up and my stomach isnt like a dishwasher after a couple of cups of it. same with the cigarettes. nicotine is a stimulant so i try not to smoke before i go to bed (sais he who is smokin a *** and typing at the same time!) or a lot generally at night any more (and i smoke like a trooper when i mix so it makes it hard) but what do you do!! the best of the lot is exercise. I worked in construction for 2 years to save up the money to go do a AE course and i never slept better than over that period. i plain and simply just wore myself the fcuk out every day!

I'll stop rambling now... think its cross word time!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Yeah, TS seems to enjoy my hippie bashing rants.

As far as my avatar, it has nothing to do with Dan Brown, or 'black metal' bands that wear angry mime makeup. Start here: Rush 2112. End here: The Simpsons.thumbsup
Oh, sh*t!!! Haha!!! I didn't notice that that was Homer's ass! Hadn't seen it before...
And my cassette copy of 2112 was eaten up in a AMC Pacer in the early eighties so I'd forgotten. I was drinking lots of coffee back then........ But I just picked up the Rush in Rio DVD. GREAT concert.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajonezzz
Hey Ron, you have a Mountain Bike?

Come on up to my place and do some nite rides! that always takes the edge off for me!

craig z in Carlsbad-
Craig thats a great suggestion on the Mountain bike thing...i have a mountain bike in the garage that hasnt been used in over 2 years! I was up till 4 am mixing a track with Danny Cambell on drums last night and it came out great...........tell Danny that Peggy Lebo's records almost done and that he layed down some slammin tracks for the record!

Ron Florentine
Soundswest Studio
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron florentine
Craig thats a great suggestion on the Mountain bike thing...i have a mountain bike in the garage that hasnt been used in over 2 years! I was up till 4 am mixing a track with Danny Cambell on drums last night and it came out great...........tell Danny that Peggy Lebo's records almost done and that he layed down some slammin tracks for the record!

Ron Florentine
Soundswest Studio
Yeah Ron! Do it! I ride every day and it really helps. I ride to the studio every day and it really clears the head. I'll take a break and ride to the store for a juice. Ditto. You've got some of the best biking weather in the world! I'm jealous... Rains like the Pacific NW here...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I drive home as recklessly and fast as humanly possible on dark twisting country roads, cursing at the inadequacy of the mix eminating from the car stereo. The adrenalin crash ( plus the smug joy of surviving ) combined with a single beer when arriving home in one piece knocks me out, and the mix sounds fine in the morning !
📝 Reply