Stephen Paul mic???? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stephen Paul mic????
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Stephen Paul mic????

What ever happened to the Stephen Paul mic that PMI were develloping with the great man?
Old 6th May 2006
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I believe it´s been presented on an AES once and not seen again.
Not been heard of it, other than it´s probably going to be exeeding Stephen´s planned pricing limit for roughly 30%.

After all the time now that they are working on it ... and if it´s going to be as interesting as announced ... rather count with over 1/3 plus.

I specualte it might not come out as his special original vision of stellar product for small budgets, but end up at just the usual ratio. :O\

Ruphus
Attached Thumbnails
Stephen Paul mic????-spa-mic.jpeg  
Old 6th May 2006 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah, I've been on the supposed waiting list for in the neighborhood of three years now. I could really care less if it's ever released to tell you the truth.
Old 6th May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk
What ever happened to the Stephen Paul mic that PMI were develloping with the great man?
Perhaps the fact that he's benn dead for a while may have something to do with that.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
I'm willing to bet it will happen, I personally would rather find out about the release of things shortly before it happens instead of several years though. Getting the word out early on the internet seems to cause a lot of frustration amongst those who feel like any day this stuff is going to happen...then they just move on and forget the hype.

I checked it out at AES, definitely sounded like something I would like to hear outside of that noisy environment (seemed quite promising).

War
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
I know Stephen died a while back, but the mic was meant to have been near completion then. If it does not follow Mr Paul's ideals ans specs etc, then I don't think his name should appear on it.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Tony expects to finish the last two items to be checked off and then 12 will be built for test purposes.. He has also moved the location of SPAudio to make room for the new capsule assembly line. Late summer is anticipated...This is straight from Tony(Merill, SPs sucessor)

And Tony does do things like Mr. Paul would have wanted.

Teddy.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
... which was to put this mic out for 1300, but maximal 1500 bucks street price if I recall his words correctly.

Ruphus
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…