The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann KH 120 Review
Old 7th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

9 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G ➡️
That's frustrating as I have 2 broken 0300 monitors I was hoping sennheiser UK could fix. I guess they're done then. I still have a working pair which I love but it's disconcerting that they won't service them anymore. It's also making me wish I hadn't bought 0310's and 120's.
I repaired my kh120's for a total sum of £35 earlier this year, there seems to be a problem with some of the caps going after a few years, send me a message if you need a parts list.
Old 9th December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist ➡️
I repaired my kh120's for a total sum of £35 earlier this year, there seems to be a problem with some of the caps going after a few years, send me a message if you need a parts list.
I would appreciate also if you could share with me the parts list!
Old 9th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

9 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGeO ➡️
I would appreciate also if you could share with me the parts list!
PM sent!
Old 3rd March 2021 | Show parent
At1
Here for the gear

Hey mate, sorry for the late response, after shipping them to music store where they were bought, they analyzed them and said nothing was wrong with them :\ the fact is that if I max them out and play sound one of the speakers peaks first then the other, givin me the idea that one of them is playing louder although to my ears they seem balanced in SPL
Old 7th March 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Though I really like these monitors, I wouldn't buy another pair of monitors that have a light in them that could break. My speakers sound great but one light no longer works and it is not under warranty.
Old 8th April 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I thought I would add my experience with these for any potential buyers/current users.
I've had a set for about 7 years now. Just in the last year I moved and finally built a real studio room. I had other monitors (Adam A7X and Eris 5XT) but sold them to focus on the KH120 and ended up buying the Neumann KH750 Sub.
I have a 15' x 13' x 7' basement corner room with plenty of rockwool traps on the walls and ceiling.
Initially I put the 120's on stands and placed the right against the wall & spaced about 5 feet apart, with me sitting in the triangle. I did a ton of listening, they sound incredible and very detailed, but I found that they didn't have enough punch for electronic music as someone had mentioned in an earlier comment.
I was making and mixing tracks and setting all the drums too loud and leaving too much low mid in the mix. One track I used for reference was Daft Punk - Revolution 909, which slams in my car and is one reference benchmark. I found that it didn't have that punch with the KH120 and was difficult to wrap my brain around in the context of creating electronic music.
I decided to take out the stands and put the KH120's right on my desk (custom built 4' wide by 20" deep) sitting on Isoacoustic stands on either side of my monitor. The desk is about 3 feet away from the front wall.
The difference in the sound was night and day! The sound is a little more dry and focused, and all the punch is there and probably a greater sense of depth in the mix. The monitors are only 2 feet apart and I'm still in the triangle.
Mixing adjustments are very easy to hear now, I could easily hear that my old mixes had drums too loud or sounded muddy, and the Daft Punk track sounds closer to what I heard in the car.
My advice would be that these monitors can be very different depending how your room or placement is, so don't expect to just set them up anywhere and get results. I would also recommend the 750 sub for electronic music.
Old 13th April 2021
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I love them to bits. <3

The only thing I needed to get used to was their bass. But once I got my head around that, I completely fell in love with these babies.

I wonder if the KH120 D would be worth the money in my case.

(KH120 A here)
Old 13th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I haven't got round to getting mine repaired yet as my techs are all too busy. Sennheiser want £240 basic for an out of warranty repair. Jokers. I'd rather buy a replacement monitor.
Old 13th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G ➡️
I haven't got round to getting mine repaired yet as my techs are all too busy. Sennheiser want £240 basic for an out of warranty repair. Jokers. I'd rather buy a replacement monitor.
Paul - apologies if you mentioned this earlier in the thread - but what are you using in place of the Neumanns nowadays?

Last edited by sirjuxtable; 13th April 2021 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: grammar is hard
Old 13th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjuxtable ➡️
Paul - apologies if you mentioned this earlier in the thread - but what are you using in place of the Neumanns nowadays?
They were never in my main room. I use them in a writing room.
I generally use the Amphion One15, PMC IB2i and KH310's for mixing.
📝 Reply