The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
D12e
Old 8th January 2011
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
D12e

I have (2) D12e, one works perfect, the other one does not, makes no pops when it plugged up, also by touching any of the wires inside makes no buzz or hum, simply dead, even though the capsule may be dead or not, could it have another issue by no buzz, ground hum etc ?

Help.
Old 8th January 2011
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Anyone ? also does anyone know anywhere in the world I can get the other D12e repaired ?
Old 8th January 2011 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Open it up poke around. If its the element, forget it. So you might as well take a look. We fixed one here.
Old 8th January 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffmo ➑️
Open it up poke around. If its the element, forget it. So you might as well take a look. We fixed one here.
I did open it up, the element is not visible to see if it's broken. I assume you would have to remove screws/ cover
Old 9th January 2011 | Show parent

🎧 15 years
Best person to work on that mic would be Richard Land of Land Audio Services in Hendersonville TN. He has a web site AKG Mic Repair. His phone is 615-338-4443. If he can get the parts, he can fix it. He has a long history with AKG and has access to more spare parts than anyone else I know of.
Old 9th January 2011 | Show parent
Richard is your best bet in the states, but AKG have exhausted their stock of parts for the D12E so it might be difficult to fix. I'd imagine any tech would be able to test the microphone and tell you if the capsule has failed.
Old 10th January 2011 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Thanks guys, Tenn is near me, I have my tech checking it out right now to see if its the capsule, then we can go from there.
πŸ“ Reply