Quantcast
CAD E300 opinions !!! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
CAD E300 opinions !!!
Old 10th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
CAD E300 opinions !!!

I have the chance to pick up a new pair of CAD E300 for a very good price. Anybody using these mics...and what do you think of them ?? Thanks
Old 10th June 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
I had an E-200 a while back. It was a good low-end LD condensor (i.e., good "for the money"). A bit frosty in the highs, if i remember right, not altogether clear. But that was a long time ago, so my impressions are unreliable. And I haven't tried the E-300.
Old 10th June 2003
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
From what I read (not 1st hand experience) a while back, the E300 or possibly the E350 (maybe the same mic called different name in certain countries) is a lot better than the E200?
Old 11th June 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Experienced users (and the designer of some of the CAD mics) have told me that the E-300 is a better ic than the 200. I actually own an E-200, but Harvey Gerst in Texas has had it for a few years...
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
The E-300 is very different sounding from the 200. The 200 rolls off the top octave while the 300 stays open to 20k. I've used the 300 alot on female vocals, which have been the hardest instrument to get sounding right on tape. Nice presence without shrill or brittle artifacts. Not a U67, but better than an 87 for many sources in my experiences.
Old 11th June 2003
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
A very good underated vocal mic.

Needs the right preamp(loves Neve's and API's).

I also used it to record a solo violin in a pinch and it worked pretty well.
Old 11th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
E200 is elecret the E300 is a real Condenser.
I did work fine with a Wackie 8bus pre (If that helps).
Did drum ambient/room with it several times and it does the job well!

I bet it would do a nice job on ac.guitar and a pair could work on a piano very well!

There is a bump above 10kHz that make it a bit bright (I can imagine how that'll work with a Neve pre).
Old 22nd June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
E300

I have a pair of the original Equitek E-300. They are not matched (I remember buying them at different times).
There is one particular female vocalist that I've recorded with the E-300 over the past few years. For her voice, the E-300 works great, and I have never used just one of the mics, in other words, she has been recorded with one or the other of the E-300's. They sound identical! Through a Vinvetch X73i. Silky, almost ribbon-like.
Old 22nd June 2007 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
I like the E300 - it a very modern sounding mic (if that makes any sense). It has quite a direct tone and as Screws said it, it works great on sources where one would usually grab an U87. If you can get it cheaper than it already is, do it.
Old 15th July 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Yeah, D.A.S. recommended to try one so I did. They also recommended to try others but I didn´t because I didn´t want to give the e300-2 away.

I like the combination with the D.A.V. because both sound direct. I hope to get a violine soon, then I´ll be able to report violine recording experiences with it.

Thanks D.A.S.
📝 Reply