Quantcast
Vocal F/X for "Bubble Gum Punk" - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vocal F/X for "Bubble Gum Punk"
Old 7th June 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Vocal F/X for "Bubble Gum Punk"

Hey guys, been tracking a band in the Blink 182, New Found Glory style of "punk" and the tracks are coming out pretty good. Been A/Bing against the afore mentioned bands during the process and things seem to be in the ballpark. We'll be mixing in about 2 weeks.
I'm not a big fan of this type music nor do I do many bands that are good at it (these guys are pretty good for this brand of music) so I'm looking for some info on the vocal sounds. Aside from the obvious Autotuning and possible Eventide magic, I'm looking for some suggestions.

Thanks!!
-Scotty
Old 7th June 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Just keep it pretty straight forward and dry, and focus on getting tight harmonies--vocalign would help here.

Other than that I haven't really heard too much in terms of effects in this genre.

I hope that helps!
Old 7th June 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
One thing that I have seen done on some pop punk vocals is this (assuming PT, but also possible in other formats):
Send the vox track to an aux fader and on that fader have a pitch plugin that is +4 cents on the left and -4 cents on the right. Also, you could try putting something like the waves S1 stereo thingy on as well to spread it out. Just tuck this in under the vox track and it will thicken up nicely w/o being too noticeable. Other than that keep it dry and compressed, but not too dry.

Ian
Old 7th June 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Thanks guys!
-Scotty
Old 7th June 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by imacgreg
One thing that I have seen done on some pop punk vocals is this (assuming PT, but also possible in other formats):
Send the vox track to an aux fader and on that fader have a pitch plugin that is +4 cents on the left and -4 cents on the right. Also, you could try putting something like the waves S1 stereo thingy on as well to spread it out. Just tuck this in under the vox track and it will thicken up nicely w/o being too noticeable. Other than that keep it dry and compressed, but not too dry.

Ian
That is bassically a low-rent version of the eventide thing..
๐Ÿ“ Reply