Quantcast
How good of a mixer would beat this. . . - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How good of a mixer would beat this. . .
Old 6th June 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
How good of a mixer would beat this. . .

Question for ya'll. How good of a mixer would I have to have in order to beat out the mixing capabilities and the sound of the summing buss in Nuendo? I have never recorded or mixed anything on a real mixer, and I want to get one. However, I want to know from you guys with experience what range of mixer would I have to get into in order to beat out Nuendo?

I should have the Daw Sum test CD soon, and I'll be making some evaluations of my own, but until then, whaddaya think?

Thanks for the help.

Allen
Old 6th June 2003
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Re: How good of a mixer would beat this. . .

Quote:
Originally posted by Crushed
Question for ya'll. How good of a mixer would I have to have in order to beat out the mixing capabilities and the sound of the summing buss in Nuendo? I have never recorded or mixed anything on a real mixer, and I want to get one. However, I want to know from you guys with experience what range of mixer would I have to get into in order to beat out Nuendo?

I should have the Daw Sum test CD soon, and I'll be making some evaluations of my own, but until then, whaddaya think?

Thanks for the help.

Allen
In terms of instant recall,moving faders and automation, its a very short list.

In the analog mixer world it is very expensive.

The list would include EuphonixCS2000-3000,9000J with Ultimation,Harrison 10B,Amek 9098I and that's about it.

In terms of sound, that's a different story.

I don't want to start any arguments here, but I would take any of the above over the Nuendo mixer(and probably most guys here would to).

Its not to slag the sound of the Nuendo mixer, but there are other benefits for mixing in the analog world as compared to digital.
📝 Reply