The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitar and Amp Discussion Forums?
Old 5th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Guitar and Amp Discussion Forums?

I tried googling for a good guitar/amp forum and checked a few out, but none of them were worth more than 15 minutes of my time. That doesn't mean good forums don't exist, I'm sure they do.

Where should I look?

The info I've gotten here on guitar stuff has been very useful, and a few links have been suggested, but they're all over the place in random posts (hard to find). So if you have links, post 'em. I'd like to consolidate them here if possible.

Thanks!
Old 5th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Jax,
check out the Weber forums,I think it's www.webervst.com then jump to the bulletin boards from home page.Good guitar/amp/speaker/effect forums....kinda low traffic but low signal to noise ratio as well.
There's a Fender forum that is ok
www.voxtalks.com is cool as well.
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Believe it or not the Harmony Central guitar, amp, and effects forums are pretty good other than the occasional troll.
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Whoops - here's a link:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...p?s=&forumid=4
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My personal favorite is the Les Paul Forum, deep on all things Gibson, Marshall, and beyond. Their sister site, The Fender Forum is also good.
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I always liked the www.guitarsbyleo.com forum. It's tilted toward G&L guitars and other Leo Fender projects. There are some pretty heavy amp guys on there. Big Cookie comes to mind.

--Steve, www.mojopie.com
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
try the Telecaster Discussion Page for a different view...
Old 10th June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I haven't had a chance to check out all of the forums yet, but the webervst forums are pretty useful. The harmonycentral forum would be far more tolerable is every post wasn't spammed full of "well, if you're looking for x, I'm selling two of those, plus w, y, and z, which are all similar to x...". The seymour duncan forum has a lot of cool sounding mods.

Also, while I've seen no mention of Avatar cabs on GSz, the posts I found after searching for 'Avatar' in the h-cent forum shows a huge appreciation for them as inexpensive, good sounding cabs. A 412 Avatar may be just the ticket.

Thanks for the links, all!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…