Quantcast
Alesis AI3 24bit AD/DA...... any good ??? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Alesis AI3 24bit AD/DA...... any good ???
Old 5th June 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Alesis AI3 24bit AD/DA...... any good ???

If just about negotiaited a pair of these (although i only actually want 1!!) for what seems like a pretty good price... (£380 GBP).including a bunch of Optical cables etc.

1) How do you guys rate these things.... are they actually any good?? In relation to the cost......??

2) if so, anyone here in the Uk want one?? as i really only need 1...and havent yet though up a use for the second unit... although if left to my own devices long enough , I'm sure i can!!

I figure they'll be more use than my fostex D90, as they are 24 bit rather than 16 bit... and I happen to have a spare set of ADAT ports on my interface.....
Dont need Mic pre's as they'll be hooked up to direct outs and tape returns on the next 8 channels on my desk ( Allen and Heath )...

Any opinions??

Max
Old 5th June 2003
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Being that I can't think of anyone else that makes an 8 channel AD/DA for less than twice that money its a bargain.

Of course there are betting sounding units, but not a lot better, and when you take the cost into consideration go for it. I recommended one to a friend of mine and he is totally happy with it. I do have another friend that will be in need of one soon, but I'm not sure when. New price isn't far off the £300 you are paying so have a search around before you buy.

regards

Roland
Old 6th June 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Cheers Roland.
The price i Mentioned is for a PAIR of them. (16 I/O)

Behringer (RINSE YOUR MOUTH OUT TIMOTHY!!) are bringing out a 24 bit 8ch AD/DA this summer....
BUT
It's behringer..... nuff said, even if it will retail for under £199 !!!
Old 6th June 2003
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by max the mac
Cheers Roland.
The price i Mentioned is for a PAIR of them. (16 I/O)

Behringer (RINSE YOUR MOUTH OUT TIMOTHY!!) are bringing out a 24 bit 8ch AD/DA this summer....
BUT
It's behringer..... nuff said, even if it will retail for under £199 !!!
Where are you situated? If you email me off list maybe we can have a deal.

Regards

Roland
📝 Reply