The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WAV Files...
Old 3rd June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
WAV Files...

I've got a mix project coming up and I've just been told that it's being delivered as WAV files...
I just wanna be sure, can WAV's be timestamped in the SDII tradition for use in PT? Or, do I have to make sure that all of the tracks start from 0.00?
Old 3rd June 2003
Craneslut

🎧 15 years
As long as the software creating the wav files supports BWAV (broadcast wav) files, you'll be fine...
Old 3rd June 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
yeah, just make doublesure its broadcast waves as they are kinda new to most exports on pc daw´s.
Old 3rd June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanks guys, I will check that they are broadcast wav's, I'll also find out what they used in the first place to record onto. I have a feeling it was a Tascam MX2424.....

Thanks again.
Old 3rd June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
if they are continuious wavs all witht he same start point ( ie "00:00:00:00") it does not matter if they are BWAVs or not.

I highly reccomend this option ( continuious ) in either case, it just prevents alot of hassle in my experience.
Old 3rd June 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
well, yeah thats true...
Old 3rd June 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If it is .wavs off of a MX2424, it should be in the .bwf format and therefore timestamped. If they are using a 2424, make sure to have them do a "tape mode" convert. That will make a new project where each track is a single file. (otherwise you *will* end up hating yourself as you are trying to reconstruct a project.)

--Ben
📝 Reply