Quantcast
Golden Ears - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Golden Ears
Old 29th May 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Golden Ears

I have been thinking about buying this cd collection but before i do id like to know if anyone has tried it ?

Do you think its valuable for an amateur like me to go through this "course"

For the ones who dont know what it is then its a cd collection with various exercises to train your ears.

Might be just another way to get people to part with their money but ....!?

Golden Ears
Old 29th May 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Dude, Get it.
Yes, It's a lot of $$$, but it's WELL worth it. The most valuable piece of equipment in your studio is your ears. This is a $200 investment, but the time investment is where the big sacrifice comes in. My ability to skillfully use eq, compression and reverb has increased enormously. You'll need to put a lot of hours in it, but it's so worth it. I've emailed David Moulton a few times and he seems like a wonderfully knowledgeable and friendly guy. I also highly recommend his text, Total Recording. I feel like I'm giving away my secrets here, but if these help you make better music, then everyone wins.
Go for it.
TLV
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Dave Moulton is one of the nicest and most talented guys you may ever meet, and he's got a great ear-training system.
Old 30th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
copied from the Moulton Labs/Golden Ears website:
There's little difference between today's recording musician with a song to mix, and a chef preparing a gourmet meal: each is trying to create a masterpiece out of his or her sonic and culinary ingredients -- a rack of effects; a rack of spices, a little more salt; a few more dB at 600Hz...

You've got to feel sorry for the chef who doesn't know how to bring the whole thing together, or how to salvage a dish that lacks flavor or style... Well, it's the same for the recording musician, especially now that the gear we use -- ADATs, Hard Disk Recorders, etc.-- is capable of showing off any greater skills we may have, it's worth the effort to learn more about the use of reverb, delays and the frequencies we use in EQ.

Once you get a feel for these ingredients, you can take better control of your recording gear, and approach the process of tracking, mixing and engineering with more confidence and awareness.
I LOVE IT!!!

Yo, these folks are ill, whoever they are. I'm sold.

Anyone who understands the parallels between music and culinary arts is A Fukkin-O-K in my book.
Old 30th May 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
thanks for your advice guys...

Yeah im totally ready to invest the listening time ,no doubt.

Im buying the cd´s.

Cheers
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…