Chain used for OH, recorded to separate track

Wall of fun

My latest love

Amund
Old 26th May 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Mmmm, purdy color. Don't know why more drummers never choose yellow. Oh wait, yes I do... And lot's of shiny cymbals too!

How's the GT44 working out? Is it the valve version?

Still need to get an IBP. Could of used it recording a Double Bass the other day.

And the Kurzweil? Something is just telling me I should get one. I don't really mix the stuff I work on but I reckon there's enough cool stuff going on in there to influence the creative process while tracking too.

What's your impressions? And where'd ya buy it?

R.
Old 26th May 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
How's the GT44 working out? Is it the valve version?

So far... great, I got it last week, so this was my first serious use of it. Has a nice "natural" sound to it , not "hyped" in any way.
And it`s got a toob inside it`s body....

Quote:
Still need to get an IBP. Could of used it recording a Double Bass the other day.

Here, I used it with the Redeye to get the OH track down to pedal-level, to run it trough the Boss and Mxr pedals, and back to line-level, really hypercompressed, edgy sound, butsounded great blended with the other tracks......

Quote:
And the Kurzweil? Something is just telling me I should get one. I don't really mix the stuff I work on but I reckon there's enough cool stuff going on in there to influence the creative process while tracking too.

Bought it here in Norway, it was the only one imported here(!), to my knowledge this is the only one....
I love this box, at first I raved about it`s reverbs, and on this session it totally blew me away with it`s Leslie sounds on electric guitar.....
I recorded the room reverb used on the drums on separate tracks, because this project is going to be partly mixed "in the box" , and no plugin can sound like the KSP......

Amund
Old 27th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I love pics like these - it's always cool to see other people's recording setups. By the way is that your Bruno Underground 30 Plexi? Drool.
Old 27th May 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Meriphew
I love pics like these - it's always cool to see other people's recording setups. By the way is that your Bruno Underground 30 Plexi? Drool.

Yes, it`s mine, and all the other junk on it`s right side....
πŸ“ Reply