Quantcast
Looking for advice... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for advice...
Old 22nd May 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Looking for advice...

Im looking to make my mixing sessions more efficient..

i mostly do the production tweaks rather then concentrate on the mixing and obviously i have some kind of routine production tricks that i try and im pretty fast and efficient at that, but i believe i need to aquire the same flow when mixing as i feel i hit a wall
when the flow isnt there.

We all like to try out new ideas but then again we need routines as well.

What i am asking for is ,what are your routines in terms of workflow regarding drum mixing, guitar mixing etc...

You dont have to reveal any tricks and obviously this depends on what kinda music etc....but general guidelines might help.

Do you usually mix the instruments with the drums and vocals muted ,then mix the drums and from there try to make it gel...or???

Do you usually create submixes of every section like the guitars?

i have found that this helps me to concentrate on a good guitar/instrument mix which i can then try and make fit.!?

I very often work with a very large number of tracks and keeping overview is a common problem for me especially if im coming back to a mix after a week .

So,some kind of intensive submixing /bouncing might help there?

Im not sure if im asking the right questions but, yeah i need some help streamlining my mixing process.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…