Quantcast
I got Nebula-ized...completely - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I got Nebula-ized...completely
Old 28th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I got Nebula-ized...completely

Three days ago I bought Nebula 3 Pro and soon realized that it is the most analog sounding digital tool I have ever heard. I was long trying to resist it because of the complexity and web page mess, but then I decided to jump into the camp.

Here I re-Nebulized one of my old mixes for a comercial radio. On each guitar track (4 of them) I put an Api or BAE programs, BAE on vocal and bass guitar, and RNG 5088 Mixbuss on a mixbuss. On drums I didn't put anything because I really didn't have enough time. Also this are basic stock presets. I just wanted to hear the comulative effect of Nebula gorgeous programs.

What it turned out is exactly what I was hoping. Much more analog, glued sound, with analog feel, better low end and overall much more 3D and musical sounding.

Here I am posting you the samples, so anyone can create his own opinion and tell what he thinks.
Attached Files

Jun.mp3 (1.47 MB, 3072 views)

Jun Nebula.mp3 (1.47 MB, 3072 views)

Old 28th November 2009
Deleted 99dc753
Don t you have WAVS of this?

Anyway two years ago they announced an AU version .....

I guess it will never happen.
Old 28th November 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Welcome to the most amazing DAW experience. Nebula is nothing less than amazing and it can do stuff that blows your mind for two reasons -

1. the gorgeous sound

2. how come everybody is not using this?

take the time to learn and explore the Nebula world. it's a huge and ever expanding one. the last year was full of amazing programs that bent and twisted all the rules of what can and can't be achieved in the box. try Alexb Wonderful API & RND console's, API & NEUMANN mastering eq (wow) and CDSOUNDMASTER Tape emulation - the aptly named "Reel to Real" which to my ears is by far the best tape sound in DAW.
get ANALOGINTHEBOX D.W.Fearn eq (doc fear) and look out for their upcoming project the king of passive aggressive eq.
as it has done to me i hope Nebula will change your music and take it to the far end of the spectrum.
Enjoy
Old 28th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidperetz ➑️
Welcome to the most amazing DAW experience. Nebula is nothing less than amazing and it can do stuff that blows your mind for two reasons -

1. the gorgeous sound

2. how come everybody is not using this?

take the time to learn and explore the Nebula world. it's a huge and ever expanding one. the last year was full of amazing programs that bent and twisted all the rules of what can and can't be achieved in the box. try Alexb Wonderful API & RNC console's, API & NEUMANN mastering eq (wow) and CDSOUNDMASTER Tape emulation - the aptly named "Reel to Real" which to my ears is by far the best tape sound in DAW.
get ANALOGINTHEBOX D.W.Fearn eq (doc fear) and look out for their upcoming project the king of passive aggressive eq.
as it has done to me i hope Nebula will change your music and take it to the far end of the spectrum.
Enjoy
Hi David
I cant use nebula at present because I'm on PPC.
I know you are an enthusiast but do you still use non- nebula plugs?
cheers
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HOLMES ➑️
Don t you have WAVS of this?
I have of course, but I think even these two mp3s represent the difference in vibe and sonics.

I think I'll be using other plugins only for compression, reverbs and delays. Nebula's revebrs are gorgeous just a little bit too CPU hungry. With compressors I like my algorithmic collection (Waves CLA, Tubetech CL1B, Elysia Mpressor, PSP OldTimer, T-racks 3 Deluxe).

But IMHO no algoritmic plugin can touch Nebula's EQs, saturation, consoles emulation and FX. They are years ahead and are the real deal!
Deleted 99dc753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex ➑️
I have of course, but I think even these two mp3s represent the difference in vibe and sonics.

I think I'll be using other plugins only for compression, reverbs and delays. Nebula's revebrs are gorgeous just a little bit too CPU hungry. With compressors I like my algorithmic collection (Waves CLA, Tubetech CL1B, Elysia Mpressor, PSP OldTimer, T-racks 3 Deluxe).

But IMHO no algoritmic plugin can touch Nebula's EQs, saturation, consoles emulation and FX. They are years ahead and are the real deal!
I would love to try it but there is AU VERSION AGAIN I WOULD LOVE TOOOOOOOOOOO
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
IT does sound like there is a pretty big difference in the quality of the mix....Besides the API and BAE, what did you use?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Nothing else really. I reopened the same mix, and put Api or BAE presets on guitars, bass and vocals and RND 5088 on master buss. Just to hear the Nebula summing effect. Nebula really is the best satuator, console emulator, tame emulator and eq on the market IMHO.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
To me seems the secret is the saturation thats uniqe to nebula. The more kernels the better dimension.

Many don't like the nebula workflow but I suggest even just using preamp or console presets, nice glue and depth can be achieved easily (just insert preset and thats it) and this should also help people not crushing their mixes with compressors.
Old 29th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker ➑️
To me seems the secret is the saturation thats uniqe to nebula. The more kernels the better dimension.
To me the secret is in totally changed frequency response and new phase alignment that generates depth and dimension
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Sure, though notice many are actually very flat as for freq. responce but carry lots of magic thumbsup
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Anyone tried to create his own Kernels as:

AlexB Nebula Libraries by Alessandro Boschi

(?)
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by i604 ➑️
Anyone tried to create his own Kernels as:

AlexB Nebula Libraries by Alessandro Boschi

(?)
What do you mean? Like creating own programs?
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Exactly!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I bought Nebula long ago but always found it smearing the transients.
Maybe I should give it a try again. What's that pro version, is it an upgrade from Nebula 3 ?

What are the best programs (done with high end converters and cable) ?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgeezer ➑️
Maybe I should give it a try again. What's that pro version, is it an upgrade from Nebula 3 ?

Smearing transients I found as advantage actually

The best programs are the ones you find usefulheh

All commercial ones are done with high quality cables and converters, so are majority of programs you install after purchasing Nebula

Do I sound like I'm working for company ? LOL
N88
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I think it's a matter of getting used to what's involved. A bit different than a typical plug-in. You have to find your own way with it. It's a gateway to other programs which utilize this technology.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Wow the party continues. I have bought today Alex B libraries: SSL, API and Rupert Neve Consoles, API EQ and Vintage Master EQ and Doc Fear from Analoginthebox.

I have recieved Alex B libraries and don't know how can I describe them. They are the most unbelievable thing I have ever heard ITB. Period!!!
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by N88 ➑️
I think it's a matter of getting used to what's involved. A bit different than a typical plug-in. You have to find your own way with it. It's a gateway to other programs which utilize this technology.
to me the main difference consists of sampling the behavior of gear that everyone want to model in digital, but in this case you get exact "info" of "real world" parameters. That's important when you want to grab the exact harmonic distortion content as well as frequency response and phase shifts that analog gear produces.Keep in mind that this is a sampler and not algo-driven plug
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlast ➑️
Smearing transients I found as advantage actually
To each his own
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
is this Windows only?
Lives for gear
Quote:
To each his own
agreedthumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Nebula 3 Pro has new Core II engine, so it is much more efficient and sounds even better. I can assure you that I can run more Nebula instances now after setting it up correctly (with using pres, eq-s and tapes) then other plugins in Cubase 5. Thats because if you use Nebula reverb.dll it supports all 4 cores of my I7, while Cubase still (after four years) has damn multiprocessing bug. So Nebula can run on its own and use all 4 cores and it's more efficient in my case for ASIO performance than other VSTs. But it can easily eat my RAM with large libraries. But it hasn't happen by now. Besides I can use offline proccesing in Cubase and have no problems at all.

This isn't true for reverbs and time based effects. They also sound gorgeous, but are really hungry You definitely should try Nebula 3 Pro.
And I can confirm while original comercial libraries are heavenly good, these 3rd party libraries are out of this world!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Isn't it super heavy on CPU; what kind of systems do you guys have and how is it faring?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrmusic ➑️
Isn't it super heavy on CPU; what kind of systems do you guys have and how is it faring?
It's more super-heavy on RAM I'd say. I have just 2GB of RAM, but I successfully manage to use it as offline rendering helps a lot
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yep, I agree. I have I7920, 6GB DDR3. CPU won't be problem, but RAM could be, especially with 32 bit version. Damn Steinberg, get the 32bit wrapper done in 64bit version, so I can use other comps Waves, Softube, PSP, Elisya. For the rest all I need is Nebula.

P.S. Sorry, but I really became obsessed with Nebula in last three days from the moment I tried it and learned it. I do not work for Acusticaudio
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I can't find a pro upgrade on their website
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
You get Pro by buying upgrade to Nat 3. It should cost you 39$ I believe.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
cool, thanks will check it out on monday !
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I've tried the free version, and it sounded lush. I'm gonna get Nebula 3 full version ASAP.
πŸ“ Reply