Quantcast
I got Nebula-ized...completely - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I got Nebula-ized...completely
Old 11th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
That would be really good news, as I admit that my pc is not very recent !
Do you have AlexB programs ? Could you tell me the same about those programs ? If yes I'll buy a new PC asap heh
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgeezer ➑️
That would be really good news, as I admit that my pc is not very recent !
Do you have AlexB programs ? Could you tell me the same about those programs ? If yes I'll buy a new PC asap heh
I only have the free TFT emulation, will get the rest very soon. I could do a test with the TFT if you want, but I don't know if it uses the same amount of kernels as his commercial stuff.

Peter.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Alex told me that he can open more than 6 Nebula Reverbs with his quadcore 950 4 GB ram at 96 khz with full 10k programs.

I never tried the nebula reverbs and probably won't as I'm looking at the new Lex or the Relab 480 emulation and will be settled with that ... but a new PC might be on my wishing list for xmas thumbsup
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
The thing with Nebula is, that it also eats a lot of cpu ... therefore it would be great to have a solution that lets you open at least 10-20 instances ... at the moment I am stuck with around 2-5 depending on the program loaded, which is clearly suboptimal.
Your pc might not be in a good shape. Though not with alexb console, I also can open between 2-5 with a vintage amd 3000.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I have found the problem.
I was using Nebula on a session with many vst-instruments loaded and other effects working.
On a new session with no other effects or instruments I could load up to 6 Nebula AlexB console full programs without a problem. But I still doubt that anyone could load 20+ of those huge programs with his quad, no matter which quad ...
And also you really have to set Rate CNV to over 3000 ms in order to load the full programs correctly in (this is what Alex suggests).
If I don't do this I have even less cpu usage and less sound quality ...
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I will have to test with the commercial AlexB programs then to see if it can get my CPU to its knees.

Also, don't rule out the Nebula reverbs. I didn't try the reverbs of the library, but I sampled a couple of plate programs from my DPS-V77 in NAT3 64-bit and they're so close it's scary !!!

After lots of searching, I also found the new Nebula library here : http://www.acusticaudio.net/modules....ewtopic&t=1421 . Seems there are also COREII optimized + 64-bit presets in this one. Might be worth checking out.

Peter.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
for everyone interested in the rendering subject this seems the thread to read:
Acusticaudio Forums-viewtopic-NEBULA Renderer Thread (unofficial releases)
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by futur2 ➑️
for everyone interested in the rendering subject this seems the thread to read:
Acusticaudio Forums-viewtopic-NEBULA Renderer Thread (unofficial releases)
That's the renderer I'm using before every mix nowadays. I can get ALOT of AlexB programs that way. Ofcourse the renderer is also a mystery in the beginning. But once you figure it out everything works really smooth. I can write forums or go off and read a book while my computer "Nebulizes" my mix.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Sounds good, I will take a closer look asap.
Is it possible to set the Rate CNV manualy with the renderer ?
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Sounds good, I will take a closer look asap.
Is it possible to set the Rate CNV manualy with the renderer ?
I believe it uses whatever value you have saved in your "Nebula reverb" master page.
Old 13th December 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksun ➑️
Yes its a real pain right now but trust me once its done its worth it, Neb 3 Pro with the core II engine is way more cpu efficient.

Also if you haven't done so already, you might want to ditch the default skin for one of these by vinz which I love heh:

You can grab them here:

http://www.acusticaudio.net/modules....ewtopic&t=1203
It's not letting me see the forum post with the skins. It says you need special access?

I really want to pick up the pro version for Mac... has anyone figured out what the best way to run it in Logic is? Has it been said when the AU version is coming?
Old 13th December 2009
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex ➑️
Three days ago I bought Nebula 3 Pro and soon realized that it is the most analog sounding digital tool I have ever heard. I was long trying to resist it because of the complexity and web page mess, but then I decided to jump into the camp.

Here I re-Nebulized one of my old mixes for a comercial radio. On each guitar track (4 of them) I put an Api or BAE programs, BAE on vocal and bass guitar, and RNG 5088 Mixbuss on a mixbuss. On drums I didn't put anything because I really didn't have enough time. Also this are basic stock presets. I just wanted to hear the comulative effect of Nebula gorgeous programs.

What it turned out is exactly what I was hoping. Much more analog, glued sound, with analog feel, better low end and overall much more 3D and musical sounding.

Here I am posting you the samples, so anyone can create his own opinion and tell what he thinks.
I have Nebula but your nebula-free mix sounds better to me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I just read on the Acustica site regarding the full version that you have to send them your .ser file and they send a key file... so is the full version machine specific.. challenge / response?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw ➑️
I just read on the Acustica site regarding the full version that you have to send them your .ser file and they send a key file... so is the full version machine specific.. challenge / response?
challenge/response. Users preferred that.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Here's an "benchmark" i did with Nebula 3 Pro Core II testing the limits of my system (Core 2 Quad 2.4 6GB DDR21066) thought it should be informative for those curious on CPU usage.. this was done in September i haven't tested latest Nebula versions but should prove useful to those seeking detailed info on usage:

Program: Doc Fear LO+ 3S (highest quality)
Number of Nebula instances running on Cubase: 73
Memory usage: 2806mb (150 or so from Cubase 4 itself)
CPU: oscilating between 68%/74%
Host: Cubase 4.5 64 Bit
Windows: Vista x64 SP2 (now i'm using Win 7 x64)

If i inserted one or more instances i started getting clicks, stutering and spikes and the ASIO meter in the red so 73 instances on this system was stable. But also i must emphasize i wasn't using a high buffer on my soundcard, if it was at 2048 i would probably hold on more.

I'm going to upgrade to an I7 system later this month can't wait! And i'm also switching to Reaper v3.15 just bought it back a few days :D
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod ➑️
challenge/response. Users preferred that.
Thanks for the reply, however I'll have to pass on the pro version because of it. I'll see what my other options are.
πŸ“ Reply