Quantcast
2.1 Toft ATB Meter Bridge only meters mon returns??? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
2.1 Toft ATB Meter Bridge only meters mon returns???
Old 27th November 2009
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
2.1 Toft ATB Meter Bridge only meters mon returns???

Earlier this year, I purchased a Toft Atb 32 console for use in a new studio. However, I just recently got everything up and running, and when monitoring my pro tools outputs from my 192i/0s, my meter bridge only meters mon returns. If i use the i/p reverse to send my returns to large fader, thus going through line inputs, no meters. Only meters when i use small mon knobs for mixing. Why would they do this??? Anyone else have an y problems like this from a 2.1 version atb????Any help would be appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving...
Old 27th November 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
yep

Your absolutely right. Like the meter board was created out of complaints that there wasnt one. Quick, start making these, we can sell them for 700 bucks. Ive been working in the digital age for so long, and I was so excited to again get my hands on some faders and be able to insert my favorite distressors, mc77s, and 1176s into my mixing chain.

I have a dangerous d box i am not using and i miss it greatly.
Wonder how i could best utilize the dbox in this setup. If i still would benefit from that. Thanks for your input. I will just have to monitor my channel levels from the 2 buss, and I will check out the mods done on the board.

Charlie
Old 27th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieives ➑️
Earlier this year, I purchased a Toft Atb 32 console for use in a new studio. However, I just recently got everything up and running, and when monitoring my pro tools outputs from my 192i/0s, my meter bridge only meters mon returns. If i use the i/p reverse to send my returns to large fader, thus going through line inputs, no meters. Only meters when i use small mon knobs for mixing. Why would they do this??? Anyone else have an y problems like this from a 2.1 version atb????Any help would be appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving...
I don't know if I'm not understanding correctly but, I record and mix on the ATB and, I record using the mic inputs on the ATB and then monitor back from the DAW to the monitor inputs on the ATB and if I flip them to the whole fader channel the signal goes to the MB

a few months ago I was only mixing on the ATB using the Line inputs, but I haven't got the MB at that time, so what u are saying is that using the Line inputs the MB won't work?
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
The first ATBs (like mine) see dancing lights when using the line ins. After the pilot programm the MB is connected to the mon ins.

Here you can read why and there are mods to change that:

Toft ATB Meter Bridge

All the best
Peter
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Yep, apparently they switched the meters so you only see the meter when its fed to the monitor returns, not the line ins.
Simply put, you can not meter your large faders on mixdown, playback. Only the monitor return . Bull****
Old 10th December 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
...might help

......one can connect the di out to the monitor return with small trs and use the monitor gain to feed the main mix bus.

....Only problem is you probably cant sum monitor section to any buss aside from the main mix......

dont know if that would help anyone...

This is my first post and could not sit quiet: My apologies for my lack of introduction as i read to further educated myself before posting. (new to sound engineering also but invested in an atb32 ).
Old 21st February 2011 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Hey,

I don't know if it's still worth answering this but I had obviously the same problem with the ATB 32 ( cause they're all built the same way... ) But I lost patience a bit as and wanted to find out.

So under the mixer, at the back where the connections are, you'll see a little hole for each channels. In that little hole there is a button. Find something thin enough to fit the hole ( no sexual wordplay here... ) and that will switch you Meter Bridge to post fader.

Still, I don't think it's a really relevant way of using it as it is post fader so you can't control the input gain while mixing you just see what comes out to the master channel and/or the Direct output of that channel, but... yeah, like that, you can see the lights moving and you don't feel like you spent money for nothing... Looks cool
Old 19th July 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieives ➑️
Hey, they did it the majority of buyers weren't using the board to mix, they were using it a big summing box. I did the mod and it was a pain in the butt, but I did this right after I got it. Couldn't live with it any other way.
https://gearspace.com/board/4282570-post295.html
πŸ“ Reply