🎧 15 years
Sony c48, any good ?

Somebody used this ?

How much it would worth ?

malice
Old 18th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Yeah.. they are not bad at all and are a bit of a sleeper.. if it makes sense given that they are a current mike.

Nice for Horns, some VOX and overheads. Like the 800 series sony it has that HF thing where **** just cuts through so if that is what u r after they are kinda cool for that in a non tube way.

I had a stack of them a few yrs ago and whilst they were cool i traded them for more desireable gear.

PEACE
Wiggy
Old 21st May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Got two of them and I think they are great. Not as bright as other LD condensers, I almost think of them warm. I have used them for horns, room mics, and backup vocals. Have heard they are great on piano.

Price - I don't know. Do you have extra $$ to spend on non-essential gear? Retail is over a grand, I would pay less than half.

Let me know if you get one.
Old 21st May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I'm pissed,

I was to get one around 300$, then the auction ended before the closing (french ebay, not much there btw)

I heard they were kinda 47fetish ...

next time I see a couple, I will try to get them

malice
Old 21st May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I think the C48 is a very underrated microphone... I've used them a few times, often in place of a 414 and they shine.

They are a pretty natural sounding large diaphragm mic... Not hyped at the top like most of the new Neumans and AKGs...

--Ben
Old 21st May 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
I like mine. Having the figure 8 pattern is useful.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…