Quantcast
"If I could have --------- then my recordings would be perfect. - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"If I could have --------- then my recordings would be perfect.
Old 18th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by faeflora
my mics back from SPA
Full time assistant engineer (GM would be just fine)
Ditto to both...
Old 18th May 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Truthfully, more time to mix (with a decent budget) is the single biggest thing. But I still want a grand piano and a B-3 (and a few projects with a deccent budget would put me on the road to ownership). One of these days...
Old 18th May 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
You mean a B-3 Hammond organ don't you?

Just to clarify things.
Old 18th May 2003
The Distressor's "daddy"

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Is there any other kind of B-3? ::wink::
Old 19th May 2003
Gear Nut

🎧 15 years
Oxygen pumped into my basement... ok maybe a Vipre and a some nice mics too.
Old 19th May 2003
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by kosi
A loving, understanding woman, which is exited, when I tell her: Darling, I just bought a Phoenix DRS-2 preamp ! Yeeha
I've got the important part of that. She's really great., but just smiles when I tell her about gear. thumbsup
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I don't know about perfect but some serious additional room would help. You can't turn around in my place without risking snapping the neck off your guitar, and getting behind a rack to wire in a new pice of gear is a nightmare.
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
ahh the cabling that started neat and lasted a whole one gear upgrade until its a mess again.
Old 19th May 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark

Just to clarify things.
Is there any other B-3? I'f I'd just written 'Hammond Organ', my buddy Dave Hammond would have been worried about exactly which organ I wanted, and what he would do for a spare...
Old 19th May 2003
There is only one

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Derr
I wish Shortcut keys could do everything.

Like....Whats the shortcut key for patching drum tracks 1 - 20 panned L-R into tape send 16 & 17 to a dBx sub generator, back thru channel 47 & 48 with the comps linked, on 2:1 attack slow, with -3 dB @ 500 .8 oct BW, +1 @100 1 oct wide? And I want tracks 1 - 20 out of the main buss and I want metering on the drum submix on ch 47 - 48. Oh... and of course tracks 47 & 48 are to be automated, linked to track 47 so I only have to move that one fader.

Im still gonna need to solo that one tom track whose gate opens up with the snare sometimes, so i can mute it with autmation, or tweak the gates sidechain with EQ.

(Laughing)

There are things you can do on a large format board thats pretty immediate and hard to do elsewhere, as quick. Course it aint cheap.... nor portable
i can do all that pretty damn quickly... at least as quick as doing it on a large format board. i would have it done by the time you find the patchpoints on the large bay for the DBX120XDS

its all about how well you get around things.

now tell me something about the "interface" of the eventide stuff ... now thats counterintuitive.
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
More time
Old 19th May 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Not just the next coolest thing but something that will actually enhance my recordings..

for me, I wish I could find the correct mic for my vocal quality, the right mics for recording guitars in my live room....

I have mics now but I might be swimming up stream...is there a better choice for me?...

crap goes in, crap comes out....the less I have to do to the original source the better..

I'd also like an inexpensive looper.. since I'm by myself in the studio I could loop a guitar track on the amp and then work on the mic placement while listening to the playback...
Old 19th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That looper idea is a great one. Too bad we can't do that for drum kits, eh? ;-)
Old 20th May 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Many new and vintage ribbons and condensers.

24 channels of colorless Grace pre's, and 24 ch's of Crane Song [email protected] 192k, followed by a digital recorder with no moving parts and endless amounts of space.
Old 20th May 2003
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
More experience. I hate to listen to my earlier projects. Even recent ones leave me wishing I had done this or that differently.

Clearly, however, I have gotten better but it just takes time.
Old 20th May 2003
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
for the mastering engineers that are slaming the crap out of mixes so we could be more in the ballpark again without making are mixes have 3 db or less of dynamic range ... SAY NO TO LOUDER IS BETTER...........let the people have their dynamic range back.....

peace john
Old 20th May 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Re: Re: "If I could have --------- then my recordings would be perfect.

Quote:
Originally posted by paterno
For me, it would be a great sounding recording space and a great sounding control room to call my own...
Heh heh, I used to have this problem until I married a pastor's daughter. Now other than Sunday mornings and office hours I have access to an entire building full of different sized rooms and a real piano. So now my only problem is talent....
Old 23rd May 2003
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
At uni in first year we had an assignment breif to plan to build a studio and you got $15000AUD of pretend money to spend on setting it up. We decided this was not nearly enough money for a good studio so the mock buget consisted of a 57 and a tape deck and spent the rest on hookers and Vodka If this didn't lead to great recordings nothing would...
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
give me a bigger room with hd3, a clean patchbay, and a well maintained vintage emi console, and I'll hand in some great music!
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
If i had Bob Ohlsson (sorry about the spelling?) as my second engineer, I bet my recordings would sound a whole lot better than buying any amount of new equipment.
Old 24th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Brain.

Old 24th May 2003
Moderator emeritus

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by littledog
If i had Bob Ohlsson (sorry about the spelling?) as my second engineer, I bet my recordings would sound a whole lot better than buying any amount of new equipment.
That's true; Bob was here for the last project I mixed (he's mastering it), and his ideas and suggestions were invaluable.
πŸ“ Reply