Quantcast
Superior drummer 2.0 users ? .... - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Superior drummer 2.0 users ? ....
Old 11th December 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Back to the OP.

How do you break out instruments into mono channels?

I'm bringing the tracks out to an external mixing for use with external processors. I want the kick, snare, hat and all toms in mono...and I want stereo tracks for overheads and rooms. Not a problem with ez drummer....not possible with superior 2...even when you change outs to mono.

Anyone know of a way to do this? Whats the deal with the template anyways...bottom line...whether our using an aux or output bus...still be forced to send it to a stereo out. could always pan hard left and right...but not very elegant.

Any help would be great.

thanks.
Old 12th December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded71 ➑️
Input monitor? I/O setup? You mean I need to go into Protools and reconfigure the setup for my M-audio FW410? I will give it a try. This is getting frustrating. Maybe I should have taken my friends advice and went with Sonar 8 or something other than Pro tools.
Pro Tools is easy for basic recording and midi.
You need to learn the basics of using it before declaring it useless.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sorry to go against Spall's advice again, but forget the Aux & MIDI track. Just use a single stereo Instrument track which is a combination of both. Much easier.

Secondly, don't worry about the bus names. 1+2, 3+4. 63+64 .... they're all the same thing and just different numbers to differentiate how many options you have.

Here's what to do to record the output of the plugin to a track (again, I don't do this - I just run the plug live into multiple other instrument tracks so I can mix the individual drums separately:
(1) Create a stereo Instrument track and put Superior 2.0 as the first insert on it.
(2) Go to that track's outout and set it to a pair of buses - whatever you've got. 7+8 would be fine.
(3) Create a stereo audio track and set its input to be the bus pair you just chose as the Instrument output.

You should be done - record away.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by electropoet ➑️
I'm bringing the tracks out to an external mixing for use with external processors. I want the kick, snare, hat and all toms in mono...and I want stereo tracks for overheads and rooms. Not a problem with ez drummer....not possible with superior 2...even when you change outs to mono.
See post #15 for a workaround for this.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
There is a multi output template for Pro Tools available from the Toontrack downloads section available to registered users.
Old 14th December 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
YES!! It worked. I can now record superior drummer and boom and all that. Now my problem is that I still can't record my kit. In stand alone mode of SD2 it's it works fine but as soon as I open it as a plug-in in PT it no longer works with my kit. If you hit the drums manually with the mouse, all sounds are there and it will record those hits. I just can't control it with my E-drums anymore. Anyone know why this might be?
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso ➑️
There is a multi output template for Pro Tools available from the Toontrack downloads section available to registered users.

Hey Chris where can I find this? I am a registered user and I couldn't find any kind of templates.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Yeah, it's a little complicated as John (one of the Toontrack tech's) has posted it in a couple of topics instead of the download area I think.
Use the search function (Superior Multi Output?..... or......Pro Tools Multi Output?).
PM me at the Toon forum and I'll see if I can link you to it.
CW
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
That would be awesome chris thanks. What name are you under in the member list?
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Whitten
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarded71 ➑️
Hey Chris where can I find this? I am a registered user and I couldn't find any kind of templates.
Login > Downloads > Scroll down to "Extra Downloads (user contributed) EZDRUMMER2009-09-14"
Old 15th December 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
That would be the Ezdrummer multi out no?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
That would be the Ezdrummer multi out no?
Oops yeah. Just went back and re-read he's looking for SD2.

Sorry y'all.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
No problemo. heh
Old 16th December 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Pro Tools is easy for basic recording and midi.
You need to learn the basics of using it before declaring it useless.
I never said anything about Pro Tools being useless by any means. I want to learn how to use it and master it someday. I was just saying that my friend had told me that PT was not a good program to start on. He uses Sonar. Obviously I didn't share his opinion or I would not have bought Pro Tools Chris.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
By the way I think I found you on Toontrack. I sent you a PM but for some reason it will not allow me to receive private messages. Is there any way you can post the link for the Superior drummer template here?
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Or find me on toontrack and look at my profile. My email is in there. For some reason they will not let us send PM

Thanks Chris and everyone else here too for your help
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Alternatively, and simply, post this question in the 'Superior help' section of the forum and I or John will reply with the template.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Superior 2.0 Midi to Audio

Hi all,

Please excuse my feeble attempt, this really is my first ever post! I'm a real novice with DAW recording stuff but have a fairly good idea of how to create a great drum groove using my set up which is Cubase and my drum software is Superior 2.0. Here is my problem............... I've programmed my drums for a song I'm working on and I've bounced down the midi to audio, then have imported the files that were created at the bounce down back onto separate audio tracks in Cubase.
On listening to the ambient/ room mics files e.g bullet, ampbrauner etc. they all seem to be in mono. So when I'm panning my cymbals it is still sounding like a mono mix because of the ambient mics?
So to get to the crux of the matter, how the hell do I get the ambient mics to bounce down into stereo so I can pan everything?

Thanks in anticipation/ advance.
πŸ“ Reply