Quantcast
Auratone 5C different versions? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Auratone 5C different versions?
Old 27th November 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Just to let you know I had the chance to compare side by side in my studio the new auratone and the avantones (passive) and I sold my avantone since then.

They are both great, but I liked the focus on the midrange of the auratones vs the more larger spectrum flat avantone.

The new auratones are great.

Don’t know if the amplifier is important in the case of these kind of speaker. I heard some people using bryston amp on NS10’s. Anybody can help on the amplifier question?
Old 28th November 2017
Lives for gear

Hey, congrats on the 5c.
Some people won't believe in great amps for such a small speaker. They might believe they are sh** box, just for sake of sh** view.
They are not, they are a fabulous tool.

I've had an average amp and felt weird about the new 5C. 2d, pinched, nasty high mids...kind of a pain to mix, but I thought it might be the point?!
But equine the high mids like hell, and other artifacts, I felt weird about that.

So I got curious and auditioned several amp, one of them totally KILLED. 3d, transients, extremely dynamic, punchy, holographic, now I understand why Tom Elmhirst spends 90% on his mix on them.

With a great amp they are a fabulous tool ( disregard the amp vs speakers cost). Totally worth it, I even do mastering checks and decisions on them ( not with my previous amp!)

Happy amp hunting
Old 28th November 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Can you tell what amp that is you are using?
Old 28th November 2017
Lives for gear

YBA intégré passion. I guess it's a small French company, but it was 4k when new and is probably around Bryston quality.
Muscular yet sweet and alive, my Auratone set up lighted up. before this amp my Auratones were: "meh"

EDIT: retape is actually in France, so you could actually quite easily find the beast. I think any great amp would do.
Old 1st December 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownSideUp ➡️
YBA intégré passion. I guess it's a small French company, but it was 4k when new and is probably around Bryston quality.
Muscular yet sweet and alive, my Auratone set up lighted up. before this amp my Auratones were: "meh"

EDIT: retape is actually in France, so you could actually quite easily find the beast. I think any great amp would do.
Haha thanks!

I've just saw one on Leboncoin. 1200€ tho.
Old 1st December 2017
Lives for gear

butchered your name sorry. "c" missing

YBA makes particularly sweet combo with the 5C, alive and fast but sweet and natural. get it !
Old 22nd February 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
glad to see somebodyelse but me still got these good old babe QC66 the sound image is awesome, top 5 of all monitors i've worked with. i used crestaudio 800 drive QC66 got a very good result. onlything a little bit pitty is the LF roll-off is a bit to high for me, it's about 50Hz, it's alright for oldschool tunes, but all the rest is nearlly heaven. punch clarity musical image is just what i like, and i still use it for mixing now. and it rock
Old 19th May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Hello! Has anybody had the chance to work with or know anything about the 5CTV version and how does it sound or if it was intended for music mixing just like the other models?

The one with the added tweeter and port.

Thanks!
📝 Reply