Buying some Amps, need advice - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Buying some Amps, need advice
Old 9th July 2010 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversounds ➡️
The 2000 i was thinking more to leave as a rehearsal amp because it is cheap (people tend to not like them hehe). A 15 watt amp will be my last option (i'm already selling a Tiny Terror because it cant play together with 50w amps in a large room).

The bassman/bandmaster are usually being sold for 450-500 at ebay but most will not ship to Brasil. :-(

It must be a head because of the shipping limits to my land.
Ah OK... I didn't realise shipping to Brasil is a problem. Sound slike it is even worse than shipping to Australia
Is volume really that much of an issue with the 15 watters? Obviously it is live but for studio it shouldn't matter (in fact it's often desirable to have quieter amps to record with)

And yeah, there's a reason those JCM200's are sold cheap

Also, one other thought... if you really want a Bassman or Bandmaster head, is it possible to have someone locally build one? The schematics are readily available and 50's and 60's Fenders are relatively simple... could be a good option that avoids international shipping of a vintage amp?
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversounds ➡️
The 5150 has the down. It cant be shipped in a whole piece (head chassis must come in one box and amp itself must come in another).
Huh??? That's crazy
Is a new 5605 an option? Surely Peavey have distro in Brazil? They're pretty global these days... don't know how expensive they would be though.
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
The Hughes and Kettner triamp MKII is rediculously versatile.

They are expensive but you get a hell of a lot of amp...

I have one and use it on sessions regularly where there are JCM800s/900s, Badcat, Bogner, Vox AC15, Randall, Line 6 stuff all available in the studio i mainly use. We plug the triamp in and rarely bother with anything else because it covers soooo many tones.

I'm going to rio in feb, you dont recomend taking spending money for gear...?
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsty ➡️
Huh??? That's crazy
Is a new 5605 an option? Surely Peavey have distro in Brazil? They're pretty global these days... don't know how expensive they would be though.
well, all major companies have distributors here... But well, would you pay U$800 for a Marshall MG100 or - as i paid - U$900 for a Randall RH100; or U$2000 in a Vox AC30 chinese reissue... NO effing WAY

I rather wait 40 days shipping to have a Ampeg SVT350 for 1/3 the price or a carvin for 2/5 of the price, or most of heads for less then half....

peavey 5150 at ebay you will pay - used - around 500-600. Here it will cost 1200 to 1500... The USPS shipping (the only one with reasonable prices to Brasil only accept 60lbs with some size limits that the 5150 will be a little bigger, so no regular shipping here...

do the math...
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I'm always amazed at how cheap prices are in the US... I'm used to Australian prices which are WAY higher than that. For example a new 6505 is about $2000AUD, about $1700 US. Seems like Brasil is a bit higher again.
Still, sounds like you've managed to get amass a decent array of amps so far - good work
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsty ➡️
I'm always amazed at how cheap prices are in the US... I'm used to Australian prices which are WAY higher than that. For example a new 6505 is about $2000AUD, about $1700 US. Seems like Brasil is a bit higher again.
Still, sounds like you've managed to get amass a decent array of amps so far - good work
edit: thanks! :-D I'm trying to get the best stuff for a reasonable price!

Brazillian import taxes are something beyond reason... Up to U$500 you will pay 60% (the shipping is usually taxed also), if you go above U$500 you have to enter a special import document and will pay U$80 dollars to the mail (for the document), 60% of tax (federal tax) and additional 17% for regional tax (in Rio, some states have lower rates)...

My JBL Eon 315 (that cost U$1500 each at stores here) i paid

U$675 (including shipping)
U$405 (federal tax)
U$114,75 (regional tax)
U$ 80 (for the document)
---------------
U$1274,75 - U$250 dollars matter if you are buying 5 speakers at once.

The good thing is that many stores now do ship to Brazil, the problem is when i try to buy from regular users or smaller vendors (to buy used gear).

IT'S A PAIN!
📝 Reply