🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real MC ➑️
That's the Nat'l Do Not Call Registry set up by the FTC

Please explain?
Old 18th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
call that number and give them your info, if you're in the U.S., and then it's technically illegal for telemarketers to call you... and you can tell them this and tell them to take you off their list under threat of prosecution...
Old 19th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
if you actually read the page it says that cell phone telemarketing is still technically illegal...

you cant stop them..
a friend of mine gets 6 calls a day from a prescreening computer - all the same number (checking for a persons voice)

my solution:
keep your land line and only give out that number to companies...
then never answer your land line

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i believe there is a 31 day period before it's fully active.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjointed ➑️
my solution:
keep your land line and only give out that number to companies...
then never answer your land line

Haha. I've been doing this for about 2 years. I see 34 messages on the answering machine right now. Friends know to call my cell. I'm on the do not call list and I still get occasional "refinance your home" telemarketing messages on my cell.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
i've had a cell for 8 years and never once a telemarketer call....
Old 21st November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I just got a call this evening. I told the person that I really wanted to take the survey. Please hold on for just a minute. I'll be right back....
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
telemarketing is the sign of appocalypse.

the worst are banks and charity NGOs.

damn i hate them.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogjeff ➑️
call that number and give them your info, if you're in the U.S., and then it's technically illegal for telemarketers to call you... and you can tell them this and tell them to take you off their list under threat of prosecution...
Have we got something like this in the UK?!! Telemarketers really piss me off. For example, your waiting for an important phone call around 1-ish. So its 12.30, you jump in the shower quickly to have a quick scrub, your halfway through and then the phone rings. You think its the call so you jump out the shower covered in soap, end up getting your house pissing wet, and almost kill yourself on the way to the phone only to pick it up at the last second to hear, 'Hi Mr Anderson, I'm xxx calling from Anglian windows....'
Old 21st November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps ➑️
i'm sure that most know but for those that don't

1-888-382-1222

g

Here's an easier way.
https://www.donotcall.gov/
Lives for gear

For those who are unaware of this product we've had excellent results with the Telezapper. So many of these telemarketing companies use robocalls (computers that dial and wait for you to answer). The Telezapper sends a signal out that causes them to think your line has been disconnected when you pickup the phone. At first you'll find you get a lot of hangups but it's those computers being fooled into thinking your line is dead. After a while very few telemarketers will be calling.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't have a cell phone but I get these calls about credit or something even though I'm on the national do not call list in Canada. There's absolutely nothing I can do to get these f#[email protected] to stop calling. I've punched in my number when it asks you to do that to be taken off their list... doesn't stop them. I've started a dialogue with the sales person and let them begin their sales pitch and then but in and tell then I'm on the DNC list or ask to speak to a manager and they just hang up at that point... one guy told me to have a nice night and kiss his ass before he hung up when I started to explain that I'm on the list. If I could ever get my hands on one of these guys I'd probably go to jail for a very long time

My call display always says it's from some somehwere in the U.S. ... usually Florida or Pennsylvania but who knows?

EDIT
Does one country's list even apply to another country's?

EDIT 2
Gettin' a call right now from Pennsylvania as I type this. Unreal.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…