Quantcast
Post your first recording you ever made (or as close as possible) - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Post your first recording you ever made (or as close as possible)
Old 16th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbrown ➑️
We should have a little vote for best first *complete* recording, as long as everyone was honest about it being 1. an actually first completed recording, and 2. that they were at the helm, not a 2nd engineer or anything.
Ours was mixed ~~ while we played -- direct to 2trk cassette and I played full drum kit --using the left hand to mix the tapco and the right to play --& sing harmonies
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Bump
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Somebody made a video using my very first attempt of computer composing & recording in1999:

Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
... but the very very first recording of my band was made in 1981 with a cassette recorder and its own microphone. 20 years later I used the drum fills from that cassette for the re-recording of the same song:
Attached Files

Borshch_CannibalGhost.mp3 (2.45 MB, 71 views)

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
My mother has one that she loves to break out at family gatherings of my brother and I singing The Oak Ridge Boys' Elvira when I was about 8 and my brother was 5. I sang the main vocal along to the record and my brother chimed in with the "Ah um bapa, um bapa, um bapa, mow mow." It always makes others laugh and me cringe.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Putting into Sonar right now....I think my tape deck is dying..It's gonna be bad..There's a LOT of warble. Plus it was recorded 23 years ago when I was still learning how to play.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I have some "very first" takes on K7 recorder, made around 1980 (29 years ago !!! ), I don't remember exactly… Will it be serious to put them here ??
Old 17th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Here it is...

This is my earliest extant recording. Others are forever lost to the shifting sands of time.
I did this on a ROSS 4 track with a Roland TR525 drum machine and the guitars and bass were line out from a Roland JC 77. For some stupid reason when I exported the project file it keeps dumping the right channel. Don't know why, because it's exporting every other damn thing just fine. So, this has been summed to mono...Enjoy!

Oh..I did this in 1986.
Attached Files

Latin Jam mono.MP3 (4.68 MB, 55 views)

Last edited by rkopald; 17th November 2009 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: stupid brain again
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
funny, cause a few months ago i found 2 cd's with some of the first songs i ever recorded myself. theyve been sitting in my top drawer ever since.... Cant remember which one i did first, but they where both done on a roland vs1824 track machine.... Just listened to them... what a trip down memory lane.... Recorded in my appartment in Washington DC in 2001.... Also one of the first songs i ever wrote....
Attached Files

lucky.mp3 (5.84 MB, 53 views)

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 64 k STONED ZONE.mp3 (3.05 MB, 16 views)

1975 is the oldest I can find --will keep looking for the 69/70 stuff
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I listened to a few of these and I was a little disapponted because they mostly use quite advanced technology. My first recordings were made by recording to a little cassette machine using the inbuilt microphone, and then playing it back through its speaker into the microphone on another similar cassette machine while playing another part..
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beebay007 ➑️
I listened to a few of these and I was a little disapponted because they mostly use quite advanced technology. My first recordings were made by recording to a little cassette machine using the inbuilt microphone, and then playing it back through its speaker into the microphone on another similar cassette machine while playing another part..
Let's hear it! Sounds interesting. I used "advanced technology" because that's what they had available at the music shop. I bought what I could afford and just started plugging.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I don't think I'll ever find those old cassette recordings..
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by beebay007 ➑️
My first recordings were the same. I just don't have any of those anymore. My Porta 1 tracks are the oldest that I still have.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
THe one I listed was definitively non-advanced equipment ---- my first recordings were mono=cassette --then stereo 8trk carts --until mid-1970s = 2 track stereo cassettes---then finally dual SOS Sony 1/4 tape machines
Old 18th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogo ➑️
My first was takes were in 60's -- nothing left from those days ---This was Lake Tahoe ~ the Winter of '75 ---6ch Tapco mixer direct to a 2 trk Optonica cassette --- Roto toms & a couple mics / Sunn bass amp

The writer/lead singer.guitarist is still playing in that band >> 30+ years ...that's dedication
Whoa. That's awesome. Reminds of some Italian film music I have from the 70's.
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambro2 ➑️
1987 - 13 years old

Tascam Porta 1
Generic Flying V bass
Casio CZ1000
Baldwin Acrosonic Piano
Roland TR 505
Realistic boundary mic

I love listening to all of this stuff!!!
Oh man I love this one! It's "chasey" Those old Roland drum machines were so fun to dink around on.
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipamail ➑️
... but the very very first recording of my band was made in 1981 with a cassette recorder and its own microphone. 20 years later I used the drum fills from that cassette for the re-recording of the same song:
That's pretty wild. It's kind of Dylan in his (early Ukranian) metal phase :-) Most people don't know that Dylan went through a big Ukranian metal phase when he was in high school.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey ➑️
Bcgood was bored today and did a quick mastering job on my Hot Buttered Rocks tune above. It sounds great. Of course, at that time, I didn't even know what mastering was. I was amazed if if it was just all in tune. But it's a good example of what can be done with a pretty trashy sounding original track.

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Tmp...Rocks_bcgm.mp3
gotta love mastering... i still dont know exactly what it entails....ha thank goodness for Ozone....
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipamail ➑️
It sounds kinda like Ministry meets the Ukrainian Motley Crue. I take it this wasnt the cassette version.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjogo ➑️
My first was takes were in 60's -- nothing left from those days ---This was Lake Tahoe ~ the Winter of '75 ---6ch Tapco mixer direct to a 2 trk Optonica cassette --- Roto toms & a couple mics / Sunn bass amp

The writer/lead singer.guitarist is still playing in that band >> 30+ years ...that's dedication
Did I hear the word "Doob" in that tune?
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Well the real first one was a joke and I really doubt you guys would want to hear that hahaha.

This thread is exciting

Attached Files

Hear me out3_2.mp3 (4.13 MB, 102 views)

Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaqu ➑️
It sounds kinda like Ministry meets the Ukrainian Motley Crue. I take it this wasnt the cassette version.
The drum fills came from the original cassette
Lives for gear

5 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkopald ➑️
Oh man I love this one! It's "chasey" Those old Roland drum machines were so fun to dink around on.
Thanks! It was really fun once I discovered I could connect my CZ1000 to the TR505 and use the drum pads to trigger notes! It ended up being my first sequencer.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
that's fun!
a while back i put some of my first recordings on myspace.
made around 1995 using tascam porta, atari st, akai s01 and behringer gear.

My first recordings ...

enjoy ;-)
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
First one I had a hand in (small hand actually).Our version of Star Cycle from Jeff Beck ( well, half a version, the guitar player accidentally erased the first half). Nothing but 57s, Tascam 4 track, OLD Tapco mixer, and a drunk ass drummer (Me)
Sometime around 1990,.....2 AM.
Attached Files

Star Cycle.mp3 (730.4 KB, 49 views)

RTR
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
OK..I do not have the first ones because it was done on tape to adat and I do not have a dat player..SO, here ie the first tune me and my father did with our first daw (Digi 001) in 1999.. acoustic guitar and vocal....please don't flame me to hard..it was a long time ago!!
Attached Files

aLL bEACUSE.mp3 (5.89 MB, 51 views)

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Then we should all moan about how our tascam 4 track had so much more mojo than our modern daw's
Lives for gear

9 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 ➑️
Then we should all moan about how our tascam 4 track had so much more mojo than our modern daw's
I kind of miss my Yamaha MTX-1. I had lost of fun with that thing, and it was a top-notch cassette recorder.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I must say I'm quite surprised guys! I never expected this thread to gain any momentum.
πŸ“ Reply