Quantcast
Flea market mics - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Flea market mics
Old 16th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Flea market mics

Found 2 altec 165a's and a sony ecm-22 for ten bucks. looking for pinout info on this 6 pin connector. anybody ever use either of these? Thanks
Old 21st May 2003
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
You are having a lot better luck at finding bargain mics in the 'Burgh than I am... get this: went to an estate sale advertised in the Pennysaver last weekend (up in the North Hills). The ad said "lots of radio and audio equipment." I obsessed about going to this thing for days. Would this be the big score?

Well when I got in the place the first thing I saw was a pair of EV 664's, (not 666's) no big deal right but they were still in the boxes so I thought, what the heck - "how much are these" I asked the lady in charge.

"Two-Fifty" she said. Well, that's a good start, pair of big ol' hammers for five bucks, gonna be a good day I thought.

Ha - she meant two hundred and fifty dollars. Each. When I stopped laughing I told her she was completely crazy. "We'll just sell them on eBay" was her reply.

I asked her if she wanted to buy the ones I already had for a hundred apiece, when she said no I turned around and left.

I imagine they still have a house full of stuff there, didn't see one person leaving with anything...
Old 21st May 2003
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I had a pair of ECM-22s but one died.

When I had two I liked them for overheads and various stereo stuff, I still use the one I have for drums (hi hat, occasional snare or snare under) some guitar and even the odd vocal. I found it to be a useful mic.

I got an Echo Mic at a yard sale once. Does that count? It has a little spring reverb inside the body of the mic- no lie- and has a knob you can turn for more of the effect.

E-bay has killed the bargain hunting scene for sure
Old 21st May 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I bought 2 rhodes pianos at garage sales for $20/each. I sold one on ebay for $700 and kept the other for my studio. not a bad score
Old 21st May 2003
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by joeq
E-bay has killed the bargain hunting scene for sure
Yeah, well a bargain is a bargain but $250 for an ev 664 is insane. They sell every day on eBay for $50. These people were just plain clueless.
๐Ÿ“ Reply