Quantcast
Used gear shopping NYC - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Used gear shopping NYC
Old 13th November 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Subversounds's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Used gear shopping NYC

Hi,

I'm from Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - and i am going to visit NYC next january (2010). I would like to know if there are good shops/places for used gear buying, vintage and modern.

I'm looking for classic stuff:

Shure, akg, sennheiser, EV mics... Maybe some not so expensive preamps

So, is there a street full of used-gear stores? (We have one street like that here in Rio, but most are audiophile stuff... i've got lucky once and got a pair of NS10s for U$250).

Help me slutz :-D
Old 13th November 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
staudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I have a few items for sale if you want any of them. Let me know and you can come by and check them out.

2x Grace 101 Mic Pre's
1x FMR RNP 2 channel Mic Pre
1x FMR RNC stereo compressor
1x dBX 2231 2 channel 31 Band Graphic EQ/Limiter

I hope you enjoy your stay in NYC.

Best,
Alex
Old 13th November 2009
  #3
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Rogue has some used recording gear:
Rogue Music Store - We buy and sell used musical equuipment - New stuff too!

Unless you are looking for used guitars/basses/amps, I am afraid there aren't many places here where you can find used gear.
Old 13th November 2009 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Subversounds's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll check Rogue Music store.

Staudio, how much for the grace 101 preamp pair?
Old 13th November 2009 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
staudio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estúdio AM ➑️
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll check Rogue Music store.

Staudio, how much for the grace 101 preamp pair?
PM sent.
Old 22nd November 2009 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Subversounds's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
No more comments?

:P

need more options.
Old 22nd November 2009
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Waltz Mastering's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversounds ➑️
i am going to visit NYC next january (2010). I would like to know if there are good shops/places for used gear buying, vintage and modern.
48th street
Old 22nd November 2009 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
Subversounds's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz Mastering ➑️
48th street
thanks a lot. i think it is near where i'm going to stay.
Old 22nd November 2009 | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 
mexicola's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Leeds Radio
Old 22nd November 2009 | Show parent
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
maxhype's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
East Villlage Music Store

evmnyc.com

Enjoy the city!
Old 3rd December 2009 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Can i ask whats the streeet your talking about in Rio where to find some second hand gear ? Obrigado !
Old 11th December 2009 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Subversounds's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Updating:

My tourist visa is up and the trip confirmed. Any more suggestions?

Anyone selling small things (mics) during January 28 and February 7 2010?? things that i can bring back in a bag :-D

cheers all
Old 11th December 2009 | Show parent
  #13
Gear Nut
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhype ➑️
East Villlage Music Store

evmnyc.com

Enjoy the city!

Doesn't exist any more. It's a comedy club or bar now.
Old 12th December 2009 | Show parent
  #14
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
rogue music does have some used stuff, worth checking out because one of the best guitar shops is on the same street, 30th St Guitars. not for the budget conscious but a really great selection. you will most likely not find anything worth hassling over, but Armen's repair shop on 30th (across the street from the others) is packed with keyboards and cheap rack gear.
You can actually check the guitar centers. 1 on 14th and 1 in brooklyn in the Atlantic shopping center. I got 2 sm58's for 30 ea on 14th, and a 25 foot 24 channel ProCo trs to trs snake for 75 in Brooklyn.

Past that, you could try the flea markets. Occasionally you will find some oddities. Saturdays and Sundays, try 25th street. outdoors between 5th and 6th.
Old 12th December 2009 | Show parent
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Subversounds's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dafo ➑️
rogue music does have some used stuff, worth checking out because one of the best guitar shops is on the same street, 30th St Guitars. not for the budget conscious but a really great selection. you will most likely not find anything worth hassling over, but Armen's repair shop on 30th (across the street from the others) is packed with keyboards and cheap rack gear.
You can actually check the guitar centers. 1 on 14th and 1 in brooklyn in the Atlantic shopping center. I got 2 sm58's for 30 ea on 14th, and a 25 foot 24 channel ProCo trs to trs snake for 75 in Brooklyn.

Past that, you could try the flea markets. Occasionally you will find some oddities. Saturdays and Sundays, try 25th street. outdoors between 5th and 6th.
Thanks a lot. Writing it down!


Just to change a little the subject. Any jazz or rock n roll clubs worth checking?

best wishes, from Rio
Old 12th December 2009 | Show parent
  #16
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
what are you into? for jazz, there are the pricey big name options, birdland, blue note, village vanguard, etc. but I like Smalls. cool place in the village. last time I went, your door charge also got you 2 poker chips you could exchange for draft beer.

lots of indie rock venues on the lower east side (pianos, mercury lounge). go to Barbes (in brooklyn) on tuesday night to see Slavic Soul Party.
Old 13th December 2009 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Subversounds's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2dafo ➑️
what are you into? for jazz, there are the pricey big name options, birdland, blue note, village vanguard, etc. but I like Smalls. cool place in the village. last time I went, your door charge also got you 2 poker chips you could exchange for draft beer.

lots of indie rock venues on the lower east side (pianos, mercury lounge). go to Barbes (in brooklyn) on tuesday night to see Slavic Soul Party.
Thanks!
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 44823 views: 2738521
Avatar for foxwaves
foxwaves 1 day ago
replies: 1178 views: 264364
Avatar for bill5
bill5 1 week ago
replies: 63 views: 7709
Avatar for RTR
RTR 29th December 2009
replies: 53 views: 54321
Avatar for Jimbo99
Jimbo99 13th April 2021
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump