Quantcast
Which neutrik connectors to use - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Which neutrik connectors to use
Old 12th November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Which neutrik connectors to use

If i were making guitar lines (instrument cables) which neutrik connectors should i use?

i've been using NP2X connectors, but Just used NP2c Connectors.

Is there a difference between these two?
Neutrik USA Inc Neutrik X Series 2-Conductor 1/4 Inch Phone Plug Connectors 1/4in Phone Connectors at Markertek.com

and

Neutrik USA Inc Neutrik 1/4in Phone Plugs Connectors With Cable Strain Relief 1/4in Phone Connectors at Markertek.com

i noticed the NP2C connector don't have the logo "NEUTRIK" stamped on them.

the NP2X connectors do have the logo stamped. and the np2x connectors seem to do a better job at grabbing the cable.
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Looks like the series 2 is slimmer, that's the major difference. Might be a little tighter spacewise inside.
Old 13th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The x is the slimmer version. If strictly for guitar use whichever you like the feel of better. If there is a chance the cables might make their way into a rack definitely go for the x version. Sometimes the regular thick connectors will not fit when things are densely populated, learned this the hard way with NP3c connectors.

Personally I like NP2X-BAG better than NP2C, the black shell feels much nicer to the hands when plugging/unplugging.

As an aside/rant why do manufacturers of snakes contiune to use the thick connectors when they will not fit in a typical application where you want a snake??? (like ad converter)
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc ➡️
The x is the slimmer version. If strictly for guitar use whichever you like the feel of better. If there is a chance the cables might make their way into a rack definitely go for the x version. Sometimes the regular thick connectors will not fit when things are densely populated, learned this the hard way with NP3c connectors.

Personally I like NP2X-BAG better than NP2C, the black shell feels much nicer to the hands when plugging/unplugging.

As an aside/rant why do manufacturers of snakes contiune to use the thick connectors when they will not fit in a typical application where you want a snake??? (like ad converter)
i noticed some stores sell something like ____-BAG (like NP2X-BAG) and ___ (NP2X).

i thought the difference was it comes in a bag and one doesn't. but when i ordered the one without the bag i got it in a bag anyhow. what is the difference?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
yeah their terminology is kinda screwy, or are u just joking?

NP2X = nickel housing/nickel contacts
NP2X-BAG = black housing/nickel contacts
NP2X-B = black housing/gold contacts

google em and you can see the various pics
Old 14th November 2009
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by this n00b again ➡️
If i were making guitar lines (instrument cables) which neutrik connectors should i use?
If you have the money buy NP2C-AU-Silent for the guitar and and NP2X-B (gold) for the amplifier end. The silent plug "automatically mutes an instrument cable to avoid pops and squeals..." Basically if you yank the cable out it will be silent! Don't put it in your amp though cuz you may blow it... That's what the gold one is for.
OR if you want to be really cool get the crystallized-swarovski plug - NP2X-B-CRYSTAL - and show it off to your pals and girlfriend!
Attached Thumbnails
Which neutrik connectors to use-np2x-b-crystal.jpg  
Old 14th November 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc ➡️
yeah their terminology is kinda screwy, or are u just joking?

NP2X = nickel housing/nickel contacts
NP2X-BAG = black housing/nickel contacts
NP2X-B = black housing/gold contacts

google em and you can see the various pics
I believe the BAG denotes black/silver contacts--AG being the symbol for silver.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…