Quantcast
Good workhorse acoustic guitar? - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Good workhorse acoustic guitar?
Old 17th July 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Got to agree about the Seagull / Simon and Patrick thing. I have a S+P SP6 Cedar lying around the studio which is superb for big strummy parts. It needs plenty of space to breathe - typically I mic it from at least a couple of feet back - but it does a great job when you get it right, and it cost me all of £250.

Being predominantly an electric player, I like the feel of Taylors, but the problem I've always had with them is that any one I've tried didn't really like being hit hard. Open chords seemed to choke a little, possibly because they set the action so low at the factory. I'd love to hear one with a very slightly higher action generally.

For picked / lead / main acoustic parts I use a Martin SPOM16 Orchestra model. I chose it from a batch of 4 "identical" models because it was a clear winner, and it records like a dream.
📝 Reply