lexicon pcm91 or pcm 70 - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
lexicon pcm91 or pcm 70
Old 15th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by thethrillfactor
By the way Jay I bought my PCM91 for $500 used. They are selling all over pretty cheaply. I think Lexi must becoming out with a new unit.

Something stereo with the 960L sound(but not as expensive).
That is an insanely low price. Atlas has a display one for $1,800us. Cheapest I've seen the used ones go for is around $1,400 us.
Old 15th May 2003
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by e-cue
That is an insanely low price. Atlas has a display one for $1,800us. Cheapest I've seen the used ones go for is around $1,400 us.
Here in NYC you can find things very cheap(especially around rent time).heh
Old 15th May 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by dougsthang'
Not to switch gears but since the topic is old verse is new Lexicon. Question to everyone.

Would it interest anybody if we re-introduced the PCM42?. Keeping it as close to original design as possible, if part sources are available.

Doug Marhoffer
Lexicon
YA! With the same sound but with dynamic MIDI of parameters, MIDI sync, and tap tempo like in the PCM81/91 with a footswitch jack on the back for tempo control.

In fact a single space dual channel for dual mono or stereo modes would be of more use to me.
Old 15th May 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by dougsthang'
Not to switch gears but since the topic is old verse is new Lexicon. Question to everyone.

Would it interest anybody if we re-introduced the PCM42?. Keeping it as close to original design as possible, if part sources are available.

Doug Marhoffer
Lexicon
Hi Doug

Yes! There was a post long ago on rec.audio.pro that detailed the magic behind the PCM42 and why it can't be recreated, so that may be an issue.

Hear it is....

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...com%26rnum%3D1

I'd love to hear your comments on this.

Mark
Old 15th May 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Wow! $500 for a PCM91? I just got one for $950 and I thought I got a killer deal. These things go for around $1200 at least on ebay.

I still like the PCM91 the best after owning PCM60 and 70. ok I do dig some effects of the 70. But my favourite is still the Lexicon 300 among the cheaper Lexi stuff. You can get one used for around $1700. The convertors are lower in spec but sounds warmer to me. You can also use a LARC to control the 300.

Ian
Old 5th October 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years

I'm selling a sweet-sounding PCM70 V.2.0 software to pay for my Steinway.

I'd love to get $695 but am willing to listen to any thoughts you might have, so please shoot me an email.
Old 6th October 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Having trawled thru a few posts this morning, it seems that every thread ends with Magic Genie's offer of a sweet sounding PCM70.....
Old 6th October 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kahrs
Ya know, for the price of a new PCM 91 you could get a real plate...

jay, you just pare away through all the ****e to the heart of the matter! i'll print the gorgeous 2x12ax7/spring 'verb on my smf 15watter before i'll use any plasticky-sounding digi reverb on my guitar! there's even a tone pot to roll off the sproingy/splashiness. it's so-o-o rich sounding.

ml
Old 7th October 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
have been using the 91 and before that the 90 since they came out..love them...the 91 is great especially on the big room settings...i will use it over the tc6000 for some things. all around a great piece if you work it .
Old 7th October 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I Love SPX990´s. I got a little disappointed with the MPX1. You can achieve similar sounds with a Quadraverb or a TSR24.
Old 7th October 2003
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Having used almost every Lexicon product over the last 20 years, most of them are really good. I own a PCM 90 and like it on many things. Reverb can be a tricky thing,since one box usually won't work for everything. IMHO I feel confident that you can find a setting that will work for a vocal in the 90. As for the 70 vs. 91, I don't have any problem with the 70 except that it tends to be a little hissy. There are many different reverbs from many manufacturers and they all have there merits,you just need to weed through them and find what works best for your application. As for the PCM 42 a reissue of possibly the best box that does only one thing and does it well would be welcome. The 42 is the holy grail of delay.
Old 7th October 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Tousana, I think you will enjoy the PSP 42/84.
📝 Reply