Quantcast
Anyone used any Audio Developments gear? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone used any Audio Developments gear?
Old 7th May 2003
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
Anyone used any Audio Developments gear?

May I first appologise for making my first post here so boring!!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can shed any light on if Audio Developments Ltd make good sounding gear?

Anyone used any of their compressors?

Cheers

www.audio.co.uk
Old 30th December 2003
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I used to work for a nasty Broadcast Hire Co. and I would check the AD 245 Pico Mixer when they came in. Seems like the ultimate portable mixer. Very neutral but (only slightly) compressed sound when compared next to a DDA interface mixer.

I wonder what is the best sounding lap/table-top mixer nowadays?
Old 29th July 2005 | Show parent
Gear Addict

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I'm wondering if anyone has any more to say on the Audio Developments line of mixers?

Aaron
Old 26th September 2005 | Show parent
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Hi
Ive used the old ad145 pico mixer for film location work and one of the newer mixers(forgot model number) with limiters on each channel for concert recording(music M+M live concert video). They are very neutral sounding mixers the old 145 is a bit more noisey (not problematic even with quiet dialogue)than the new mic amp design but the I think I prefer the sound on the 145 maybe due to the transformers(newer desk was all electronic). The eq is really basic(145) 3 fixed frequency bands cut and boost and does not have much charater but again this makes it more usefull in recording. Dont expect to be blown away by the sound impact(character) factor but these desks will give you an extremely high integrety signal(all discrete) and good amounts of gain. I would not hesitate to recomend them for any type of recording and of course espeacially location which they are mainly designed to deal with and they would also make good summing mixers for a soundcard output. Hope that is of some help to you
Old 25th October 2008 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I have the AD 062 and I must say that I am a big fan of how it sounds. I think it's from the mid 80's and is of course great for it's ability to be battery powered. Nice sounding EQ's and comps.

here are some pics if anyone is interested:
Audio Developments AD 062 - on Flickr
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…